Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Appropriate Japanese lesson tonight for me in Duolingo

Screenshot_20210516-233543.png

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
seriously? Stop... this game could’ve been sealed when we trailed 4-3 & gifting turnovers & quality chances to FLA. We looked totally outplayed & were getting pushed around for minutes on end until we got the PP goal to tie. But stop acting like we deserved this win the entire night. It’s a great finish, but to say this panther team is just gonna “fold” or the games will be easier the rest of the round... get outta here with that arrogance. This is gonna be a battle with a hungry, pissed off team.

Nah, they Guna fold.

Reactions: U55

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know how superstitious anyone else is in here...but there have been multiple games where I leave for a bathroom break...drink refill at Amalie...walk the dog...and we score all our goals when I am not watching. Not every game but certain ones. When I am watching I only see opponents goals.

No lie...I sacrafice my watching in the hope the trend continues.

It sucks. I am so superstitious. Glad we won. But I had to take one for the team.

I hope this gets on the right track. I still have leftover crow from last year. Defrosting now.

I love you all.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
So this is the switch people were talking about right? Not the same thing we've been seeing against the Panthers all year?

Also Savard's go to move on defense is backing up as far as he can until he hits Vasi.

God, you people are tiresome when we're losing.

Such fantastic prognostication. Yes, this team looked exaaaaactly the same with Kuch back.

Reactions: U55

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

Such fantastic prognostication. Yes, this team looked exaaaaactly the same with Kuch back.
Well I gotta say I haven’t been too impressed with savard either since his arrival. He looks slow, tentative, & his gap control isn’t what I’d expect from a defensive dman. And anyone choosing to keep him over McD I think will regret it. Cap hit & RHD needs aside, McD brings more to this team. Torts & his brand of overachieving, boring hockey had a way of making 58 look better. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong the rest of the way. I hope he does

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

That's got nothing to do with Savard. Win, lose or draw Savard has been "just" short of terrible in his time here. Do not want him back. You have to look to Patrick Marleau with Pittsburgh to find a bigger TDL flop than this guy and at least they only gave up a 3rd that would've been a 1st had they won the Cup. Whatever Savard brings he needs to hurry up and do it.

Signed

-The guy who posted a Youtube video of Peak Yinzer Meltdown after a Stillers loss raving about killing himself in response to HF Lightning getting worried after 1 playoff period

Wish we traded for Montour instead.

Reactions: Stammertime91

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Well I gotta say I haven’t been too impressed with savard either since his arrival. He looks slow, tentative, & his gap control isn’t what I’d expect from a defensive dman. And anyone choosing to keep him over McD I think will regret it. Cap hit & RHD needs aside, McD brings more to this team. Torts & his brand of overachieving, boring hockey had a way of making 58 look better. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong the rest of the way. I hope he does

Yeah, it's not the Savard part of his comment I disagreed with. It's the pissing and moaning that it's the exact "same thing we've been seeing against the Panthers all year", because we were down one damn goal.

And not sure what straw man you're beating on, but yes, if you ignore all cap considerations I'm pretty sure anyone would prefer to keep McDonagh for the short term.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
People in here can’t even recognize a good troll when it’s smacking them in the face

hard to recognize trolling with all the overreactive, knee jerk, ignorant, ice cold takes that permeate these boards on a daily basis. But when that face smack feels like a Tyler Johnson wrist shot, it’s basically undetectable

Reactions: Steazy Doo

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, it's not the Savard part of his comment I disagreed with. It's the pissing and moaning that it's the exact "same thing we've been seeing against the Panthers all year", because we were down one damn goal.

And not sure what straw man you're beating on, but yes, if you ignore all cap considerations I'm pretty sure anyone would prefer to keep McDonagh for the short term.

Yeah written in the first where we played like dogshit, must be nice to come after the game and retroactively post with result in mind.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Kuch back in prime form. Oh god how I've missed that beautiful bastard.

There's a lot to correct here with the amount of awful turnovers but a win is a win especially in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad