GDT: 5/16/21 - 7:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #2CD Florida [CDSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
To be fair that no goal call on Florida was weak.
That was as easy and correct a no goal call as there is to make. In that particular instance the pushing of Vasy's pad, which allowed the puck to cross the line, was as plain to identify as most puck over the glass calls.

Reactions: zeykshade

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Our third line had the worst fancy stats on the game, but I think they were on the ice when Sergachev gifted Huberdeau that breakaway. I thought they looked pretty good all game, Coleman especially.

Only one D pairing looked good last night. Hedman just doesn't look the same, Sergachev needs to play smarter and Savard is just slow. I'm hoping Hedman figures it out at some point, but with the haircut it looked like a young Hedman had been time traveled to 2021.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
Great game overall and relishing the win and Kuch/Stammer being back and glad to see Pointer have his old assurance back. Concerned about how to score when the whistles are put away....was a problem in the regular season also.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
That was as easy and correct a no goal call as there is to make. In that particular instance the pushing of Vasy's pad, which allowed the puck to cross the line, was as plain to identify as most puck over the glass calls.
The flexing of Bennett's stick as he pushed Vasy's pad did it for me. Made that an absolute no-brainer of a call. The ref being able to see that in real time was actually impressive imo.

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
I'm just going to leave this here.

4v2ntthj2pz61.png

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Joel Quenneville post game:
"... they made a nice play on the winner. We had possession and then it's in our net so it's one of those plays. Every shift is so critical against that team because they can make something out of nothing."
"There's a lot of good things out there. There's a lot of good things to take out of it. I think the games that we got beat by them this year, there was a lot of frustration in knowing that you think you deserve better, but that's the difference between teams that know how to win and we're looking to get educated."

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
If this series goes 6/7 games and each game is gonna be like this we gotta start pulling hard for the Preds to win. We'll be dead by the end of this series, would not want to face the Canes at that point.

Wouldn't we have been rooting for the Preds regardless?

And that's kinda my fear as well. This series already is reminding me a lot of the Flyers/Penguins series from 2012. The Flyers won that series, but then were rather easily dispatched by a low-seeded Devils team in the next round. While I fully trust the mentality of this team if they get through this round, that might not matter if they're physically worn out.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Wouldn't we have been rooting for the Preds regardless?

And that's kinda my fear as well. This series already is reminding me a lot of the Flyers/Penguins series from 2012. The Flyers won that series, but then were rather easily dispatched by a low-seeded Devils team in the next round. While I fully trust the mentality of this team if they get through this round, that might not matter if they're physically worn out.
It could also go the other way though. To win this series we have to get back to our structure and we’ll be used to playing at a higher pace. Unlike playing a weaker team it can make you complacent, and then you play worse than you’re capable.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Buffalo fan- I hope you repeat, your team deserves it after so many playoff misfortunes. And it would be a great story after the CBJ sweep. CBJ locked down and played mostly trapping style in 2019 and CBJ were an underrated team after the deadline.
CBJ was a very good team at the time- no one can deny that. I think luck was fully on Columbus side and sometimes that's just how it works.

& I used to think Kucherov was a dirty player but my perspective changed (seeing him wear a cross sold it to me and I'm not religious). I think we as fans just like to hate on players at a personal level if they cross the line, but in reality if you met them they're a chill dude you can shoot the s**t with.

When you're skating in a competitive game, you're a different person on the ice than IRL. Kucherov seems like a decent guy in hindsight. I lose my cool all the time if I feel ***d, it just shows how much NK wants to win which I respect.

Only unlikeable to me in the past because perceived dirty plays from a few players, but all that signifies is his compete level, passion and desire to win- which is worthy of respect.

I'd realized that the only times that I felt Kucherov was dirty/borderline pretty much was retaliatory for a dirty play against his team or him. I can feel that, and as much as I've might had hated your team the past 2 yrs:laugh: I think it'd be quite the success story to repeat after being swept 1st round 2 years ago.

A story of adversity and overcoming the odds based on a such an unexpected series beforehand.

Anyways, I'm glad Stamkos, AV, Hedman, & Sergachev, got the cup and some of their core- & Kucherov too. TBL and their fans deserved it especially after being an elite team for so long & being so close so many times. Very likable players. I think you're the favorites because how the TBL organization and its leadership has an uncanny way of instilling a winning culture. My money is on you this year. I wish Buffalo could be run like your org.

Tampa just finds ways to win and I deeply respect that.

Team of champions... City of champions!!!

Hope you go all the way brothers !! (and sisters)
(And let's try to take it easy next time we play & play like gentlemen ;) )

With love and respect,
-A genuine hockey fan.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
& I used to think Kucherov was a dirty player but my perspective changed (seeing him wear a cross sold it to me and I'm not religious). I think we as fans just like to hate on players at a personal level if they cross the line, but in reality if you met them they're a chill dude you can shoot the s**t with.

When you're skating in a competitive game, you're a different person on the ice than IRL. Kucherov seems like a decent guy in hindsight. I lose my cool all the time if I feel ***d, it just shows how much NK wants to win which I respect.

Only unlikeable to me in the past because perceived dirty plays from a few players, but all that signifies is his compete level, passion and desire to win- which is worthy of respect.

I'd realized that the only times that I felt Kucherov was dirty/borderline pretty much was retaliatory for a dirty play against his team or him. I can feel that, and as much as I've might had hated your team the past 2 yrs:laugh: I think it'd be quite the success story to repeat after being swept 1st round 2 years ago.

What he did in that Columbus sweep was pretty dirty and awful I won't make excuses for that. I was very upset with him. It looks like he has learned from that considering what he was able to do last year. At least I hope that is in the past. Glad you're able to look past it and not generalize it to the whole team. I feel like people get upset with our players for just trying to protect themselves and not be pushed around. They only look at the retaliation and not what led up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad