Post-Game Talk: 5-14-6-1 = 150, 64, +6

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Can you imagine having another right handed Ekholm to play with Nurse? Oilers would be unstoppable. Got to laugh at Montreal fans. They wanted a 1st for Edmundson and another 1st to take Barrie back. Same price as Ekholm. Poor Montreal fans left out in the cold with their peckers in their hand and no dance partner.
Hahaha, Montreal fans should know better now that the media always gives them more credit for their players than they often deserve.

I still believe they looked into Edmundson early, because of size and experience, but realized he really couldn't play so weren't interested after that.

Ekholm continues to show he's a much better player than everyone thought and better than , I think, Nashville realized he was for them.

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
I just realized that the Oilers could get their first 50-win season since 1986-87 if they win their last 2 games. Surprisingly, the dynasty Oilers did it only 3 times (1983-84, 1985-86, and 1986-87).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
We can beat this Avs team. LA is a team that worries me. They are big and greasy .

This isn't the same Kings team that won cups. They aren't very big. They aren't especially tough. We kind of bullied them two games ago and they did nothing to push back last game. Their confidence appears to be in the toilet as well.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Seattle on a streak lately only 2 points behind the kings with a game in hand and the tie breaker, while the kings have dropped 3 straight.

I think Seattle would be a much more entertaining first round matchup for us in the first round, especially with their goalies both rocking a sub 900 sv%. Kings just scare me because of the dirtiness. Although Larsson on the Kraken could also cross that line.

Either way, I’m so damn excited we’ve clinched home ice. Can’t wait to see who we end up playing.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I just realized that the Oilers could get their first 50-win season since 1986-87 if they win their last 2 games. Surprisingly, the dynasty Oilers did it only 3 times (1983-84, 1985-86, and 1986-87).
That's because there was no overtime in 1981-82 or 1982-83, and there were no loser points or shoot-outs in 1984-85 or 1987-88.

Oilers are 2nd only to Boston in goal differential and regulation wins.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Can you imagine having another right handed Ekholm to play with Nurse? Oilers would be unstoppable. Got to laugh at Montreal fans. They wanted a 1st for Edmundson and another 1st to take Barrie back. Same price as Ekholm. Poor Montreal fans left out in the cold with their peckers in their hand and no dance partner.

Yams and Ceci Gone = Space for said player

Reactions: McSuper and Duke74

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
McDavid has this stern look, he’s ready to help this team to get to the next level. We ain’t seen nothing yet.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
This isn't the same Kings team that won cups. They aren't very big. They aren't especially tough. We kind of bullied them two games ago and they did nothing to push back last game. Their confidence appears to be in the toilet as well.
Outside of kopitar/doughty they’re a very inexperienced playoff team. Byfield, kalyiev, and the rest of the young players still have to learn how to play playoff hockey like our oilers have done the last 5 years

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Connor getting to 150pts. is mindboggling, fun game!

View attachment 684059
Nuge has 13 - 3 point games this season man. What a glorious stat. A first overall who panned out for us from the days of darkness. Boys the light is now upon us. We have crossed over. I see butterflies and green grass. I also see that shiny silver in the distance. I am thirsty..we all need a drink.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
So if we can win the final two games and Vegas splits with Seattle, we'd be first in division and most likely the Western Conference.
It is entirely possible too. Wowzas.
I think it would be the first time Edmonton wins the division since 86-87, the second longest divisionless streak (only the Islanders have gone the longest.)

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Seattle on a streak lately only 2 points behind the kings with a game in hand and the tie breaker, while the kings have dropped 3 straight.

I think Seattle would be a much more entertaining first round matchup for us in the first round, especially with their goalies both rocking a sub 900 sv%. Kings just scare me because of the dirtiness. Although Larsson on the Kraken could also cross that line.

Either way, I’m so damn excited we’ve clinched home ice. Can’t wait to see who we end up playing.
If Seattle pushes into 3rd, it most likely means they took 3 or 4 pts against Vegas in the back to back. If that happened, it's probably likely the Oilers leapfrog Vegas into 1st.

Reactions: 3IR and Homesick

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That photo is after his iconic goal against the Rangers a couple years ago, when he decided to take on their entire 5some. I remember a reporter asking him about that, and what was he thinking as he took the puck towards them, and he responded with something like, 'yah, I remember it was a pretty nice goal, one of the nicest I've ever scored, but I can't remember thinking ahead as to what I was going to do. I just......did it. "

Probably a standard internal assessment of many great goals scored by the other elites in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad