Post-Game Talk: 5-14-6-1 = 150, 64, +6

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
We can beat this Avs team. LA is a team that worries me. They are big and greasy .

LA really isn't particularly big or tough.

They're faux-tough the way the flames are. Punch back and they fold like a cheap tent. I mean really, look at their roster; who on their team is actually tough?

They've got some euro big man types in Byfield / Kopitar, they've got some large guys that are willing to push and scrap, but there isn't a single fighter there. We got like 5 guys that can beat up their toughest dude not including Nuge, and honestly I probably take Ryan Manny-Pacquiao over him too.

Other than the give away, how did Demers look today? Was this his last game? Or was this him making a come back?

His first period was absolutely atrocious. Was all Oilers except for Demers trying to let them into the game.

He was pretty good the rest of the game though. I'll chock it up to nerves.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Interestingly
Seattle owns the tiebreaker on LA

LA just lost. Seattle only 2 points back

Other than the give away, how did Demers look today? Was this his last game? Or was this him making a come back?
He was decent. Had some great plays including a couple big hits. His horrible gaffe was bad but it's a better sign that it was early. He doesn't crack the playoff lineup but he's okay depth imo

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just 2 or 3 games per team left in the pacific, and the matchups are so unsettled.

Kind of funny to think that Seattle/Vegas could be setup to play potentially 9 straight games against each other if the Kraken wins the back to back against Vegas while Edmonton takes the division.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
So the Kraken have a game on hand and could potentially kick LA to a wildcard spot...well well well. This is a crazy year in the West. If they win both against Vegas, it gives us a shot. We should be able to beat SJS, but Colorado will be tough - we should be able to beat them though if we bring our A+ game.

What happens if both Vegas and Edmonton end up with the same record? What's the tiebreaker?

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
So the Kraken have a game on hand and could potentially kick LA to a wildcard spot...well well well. This is a crazy year in the West. If they win both against Vegas, it gives us a shot. We should be able to beat SJS, but Colorado will be tough - we should be able to beat them though if we bring our A+ game.

What happens if both Vegas and Edmonton end up with the same record? What's the tiebreaker?
regulation wins. Oilers hold the tie-breaker

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Anybody know if Seattle holds the tie breaker against LA if the Regulation wins are the same?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

RWs which Edmonton owns in a landslide

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Mattias Ekholm is awesome. That's the post.
Can you imagine having another right handed Ekholm to play with Nurse? Oilers would be unstoppable. Got to laugh at Montreal fans. They wanted a 1st for Edmundson and another 1st to take Barrie back. Same price as Ekholm. Poor Montreal fans left out in the cold with their peckers in their hand and no dance partner.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
It's fun to see a winning team play some quality hockey at this time of year. It's been a long time coming.

To me it's important also that the organisation as a whole seems to act according to better principles. Long time fans may recall many (apparent) wrongdoings of players and staff. But seeing them allow Matthew Berlin some minutes as an EBUG, or calling up Demers for his 700th, as well as several other similar choices, makes this fan even happier.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Win vs avs gives us a real good shot at the division, Searle has been playing well lately, I dunno how they do it but they been lighting up that wore board and they don't have any big star names

Could see them beating Vegas atleast once possibly twice and we have the tie breaker vs Vegas.

Only thing is that possibly gives us Winnipeg amd Hellleybuck scares me. And well bowness and his trap in the playoffs could be real trouble. But we owe the jets from the last series we had

And on the other hand we could get the flames amd another BOA which would be entertaining to say the least.....

I just want the division.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad