GDT: 5/14/22 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
One thing that is really important to me...
Look at the different attitude we have.
1) Before the 2020 run, when we had to deal with an injury, the team answer was not always positive on the ice. Remember when Stammer was injured in 2016-17 season.
2) In 2020 Point was hurt in the Conference Finals and so Stammer. In 2021 it's Kuch turn in G6. Now it's Point again. And we won as a group.
That's huge.

Reactions: DaBolts and Hoek

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I went back and took a look and after juggling players around after Point was done it looks like Coop put Palat - Paul - Killorn together mid way through the 2nd and by the start of the 3rd period he had them match up against the Matthews line the rest of the way. This was also the trio on the ice when Paul got the game winner.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Paul was due after a lot of missed chances earlier in the series. He came through huge, but I don't think the panthers are an easier opponent. No point is going to be really hard. Kuch looked off too which is really bad if he's also hurt.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I think the same game 7 strategy could do well against the panthers.

Concede the outside, let their flashy forwards pass it around, and go for blocks in the shooting lanes (as deflections are not Vasi’s strength).

Against their D, drive to the net for one good chance through the middle as the Florida defense can be pulled out of position like the Leafs’ D were. Don’t give them time to set up a D box.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Paul was due after a lot of missed chances earlier in the series. He came through huge, but I don't think the panthers are an easier opponent. No point is going to be really hard. Kuch looked off too which is really bad if he's also hurt.
I don't think Kuch is hurt.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Shit like this is why they can't win a series. I'm not saying Biz cost them a Cup. I'm saying that this nationally syndicated superfan culture nonsense permeates into what teams do. Find me the last time someone poured a drink on the street for us or took a loser lap. It's entertaining but it makes you 10 ply soft dude
We'd need to lose first.

Leafs fans are justified in being upset, but their team didn't deserve anything more than it achieved.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Matthews was injured according to their speculations. They’re fast in putting heads on spikes over there (Dubas, Shanahan, Keefe, Tavares, Holl etc) but AM can’t be touched.
Come on, they should be fired, without no exception.
-)Dubas...or it's better to say Dumbas is a terrible GM. Paying half of the cap for 4 (not playoffs performers) players...playing with Holl and an average goalie, in a terrible decision.
-)The acquisition of Tavares, for this reason, is bad. They did not need him...but probably Tavares sells more jerseys than a good dman or a good goalie.
-) Holl is bad. Sustr >> Holl.
-) Shanahan=Dubas.
-) I hope Keefe stays. If, for some reasons, they hire Trotz, I'll be scared for real because Trotz could work in the part of the game TOR has more problems in. The defense.

Reactions: SnakeIdol

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We'd need to lose first.

Leafs fans are justified in being upset, but their team didn't deserve anything more than it achieved.

If our embarrassing sweep vs CBJ taught the world anything it's that no one deserves any more than what they achieve. Like if we threepeat I hope whatever 2-3 hour documentary that gets made about it (and there will be one) I hope they show all the juicy horror and beatdown for like 20 minutes and McDonagh, Stamkos, Hedman, Vasy etc talk about it because that was ultimately our launching pad

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
If our embarrassing sweep vs CBJ taught the world anything it's that no one deserves any more than what they achieve. Like if we threepeat I hope whatever 2-3 hour documentary that gets made about it (and there will be one) I hope they show all the juicy horror and beatdown for like 20 minutes and McDonagh, Stamkos, Hedman, Vasy etc talk about it because that was ultimately our launching pad
Damn, I wanna watch this

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Damn, I wanna watch this

Well it's only gonna happen if we threepeat. The last one was what? The Bulls 25ish years ago? And literally every credible sports journalist without exception acknowledges that the Cup is the hardest trophy to win.

We do this we're an actual dynasty. f*** the rule of needing 4. They did it with 20 teams or less and no cap. Someone else may do it after us (if we do it at all) and the accomplishment won't be any less significant

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
So my axe throwing name is Big Nick Energy! ⚡⚡

My name is Nicholas lol so yesterday with nick Paul's determination and goals I feel my axe throwing name is very appropriate as a lightning fan lol.

Reactions: DaBolts

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
CFDFE92D-56D5-4C50-93E8-73A4F2F813C2.jpeg

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
.......... If, for some reasons, they hire Trotz, I'll be scared for real because Trotz could work in the part of the game TOR has more problems in. The defense.
Trotz doesn't worry me if he goes to TOR. Are AM, MM and WN going to sacrifice 20+ pts a season to play in his system? I don't think so. It's the mix of players that hurts them, not the coaching.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Trotz doesn't worry me if he goes to TOR. Are AM, MM and WN going to sacrifice 20+ pts a season to play in his system? I don't think so. It's the mix of players that hurts them, not the coaching.
Before Trotz, they should fire all the organization or, at least Shanahan and especially Dubas.
With a new GM, the team and the entire fanbase won't have anymore someone to blame. And so all the players will have a choice: 1) maximise the effort or 2) lose again. And so also Matthews and Marner could change their attitude.
PS: I'd trade Nylander asap to acquire someone good in the blue line and/or between the pipes. (Also because Tavares is untradable...).

Reactions: DaBolts

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Before Trotz, they should fire all the organization or, at least Shanahan and especially Dubas.
With a new GM, the team and the entire fanbase won't have anymore someone to blame. And so all the players will have a choice: 1) maximise the effort or 2) lose again. And so also Matthews and Marner could change their attitude.
PS: I'd trade Nylander asap to acquire someone good in the blue line and/or between the pipes. (Also because Tavares is untradable...).
I don't want them to change a thing.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
I went back and took a look and after juggling players around after Point was done it looks like Coop put Palat - Paul - Killorn together mid way through the 2nd and by the start of the 3rd period he had them match up against the Matthews line the rest of the way. This was also the trio on the ice when Paul got the game winner.
Paul was being double shifted after Point didn't return

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All the attention is on what the Leafs are gonna do now, but has there been any update on Point at all?

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
All the attention is on what the Leafs are gonna do now, but has there been any update on Point at all?
It will be all over Twitter within a millisecond of anything becoming public.

I don't like speculating about the nature or severity of player injuries but his emotional reaction was telling. Usually you know when you are injured as opposed to just tweaked and everything about his response suggests that in his gut he knew it wasn't just a tweak. Sure hope his gut was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig