• Screenshot 2022-05-11 111859.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-11 111859.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Your numbers are wrong -- you either mean 1 win in 4 attempts (MTL, DET*, CHI, CBJ) or 2 wins in 5 attempts (MTL, DET*x2, CHI, CBJ).

But in any case, it's beyond silly to look at such a small sample size. Hell, you could have 1 win in 4 attempts in a single series and even that *series* still wouldn't be over.

And I can tell you without even looking that we've won 8 elimination games over just the last 2 playoffs -- because we won 8 series in the last 2 playoffs. The fact that we lost game 4 against CBJ after also losing the first three games, and same against Montreal 8 years ago moves me not at all.

These are two evenly matched teams. Game 6 could easily go either way. Not to mention we still haven't seen Vasy be Vasy yet, which is good for a free win whenever it happens.
You're right to say that we won 8 elimination games in the last 2 runs. But I wanted to consider only the elimination games we're trailing in a series. And without the G7s that are a total different sport.
Yes, we can win or lose G6: numbers won't decide anything. And, true, we have not seen the real Vasy, yet. The problem is that I don't know if we'll see him again, this season. It's possible that he's mentally tired and he needs to rest more than other players.
(PS: about my original post, also my % is wrong...because it's 1 win in 4 attemps...so 25% and not 20%)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Series is still winnable but we obviously crapped the bed in a game that puts us in a elimination game. We also probably didn't deserve that one since we were just trying to sit on a lead for 2 periods. Too many men penalties asks for trouble and momentum shifts. Just win at home and game 7 is a toss up.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Yeah, I figure Palat is gone as well, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of Serg/Killorn/Cirelli is moved this offseason as well to shake things up a bit/help ensure the team signs who they need this Summer and, hopefully, next.
cirelli won’t be moved. No chance

Reactions: DaBolts

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
Islanders fan here.
Everytime you guys were on the PP we didn't have a chance in both years. I'm noticing this year you're off and not finishing, this series would be way over.

91 on the Leafs I can't stand yours is a true C, please finish them off.

And I live in Toronto, go figure.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Islanders fan here.
Everytime you guys were on the PP we didn't have a chance in both years. I'm noticing this year you're off and not finishing, this series would be way over.

91 on the Leafs I can't stand yours is a true C, please finish them off.

And I live in Toronto, go figure.
That's not the only problem we have.
Also our defense, this season, is far from being competitive.
It's impossible to win a series after alowing like 20 goals in 5 games. 20 f***ing goals.
And we have the best goalie in the world and the best dman in the world our there.
That side of the game is not working properly.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
It's impossible to win a series after alowing like 20 goals in 5 games. 20 f***ing goals.
And we have the best goalie in the world and the best dman in the world our there.
Yes. We are bad at Defence...it looks like guys are really tired, sometimes they miss a bit of step, a bit of concentration, a bit of and that what allows goals, Leafs looks more fresh on ice.
From other side when we find another gear we dominate them, but as I said it looks like they are really tired and cant keep legs on gas for long.
Hopefully we will win this series, otherwise its a really good hockey shown by both teams , and both teams deserves to go further

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yes. We are bad at Defence...it looks like guys are really tired, sometimes they miss a bit of step, a bit of concentration, a bit of and that what allows goals, Leafs looks more fresh on ice.
From other side when we find another gear we dominate them, but as I said it looks like they are really tired and cant keep legs on gas for long.
Hopefully we will win this series, otherwise its a really good hockey shown by both teams , and both teams deserves to go further
I completely agree with you.
The fact that we're mentally tired is clear to me: it's not the first time we were not able to play a full 60 minutes games. We're talking about this since, I don't know, January...? February? I mean: it's a long time we are dealing with this issue. And in the playoffs, against an hungry and fresh opponent, we paid the price for that. And, unfortunately, that's fair and legit.

Everyone of you can quote and insult me in private Sunday...but I don't believe we are able to win 2 games right now, especially after a shocking game 5.
I trust JBB as well: a long offseason and a couple of right moves could be the solution at our problems.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
The fact that we're mentally tired is clear to me: it's not the first time we were not able to play a full 60 minutes games. We're talking about this since, I don't know, January...? February? I mean: it's a long time we are dealing with this issue. And in the playoffs, against an hungry and fresh opponent, we paid the price for that. And, unfortunately, that's fair and legit.

Everyone of you can quote and insult me in private Sunday...but I don't believe we are able to win 2 games right now, especially after a shocking game 5.
I trust JBB as well: a long offseason and a couple of right moves could be the solution at our problems.
If we at least stop taking unnecessary penalties, we have good chances to win. I believe we can win,and we can threepeat, but Toronto right now looks much hungrier on ice. But, Go Bolts! Just Win!! :)

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
If we at least stop taking unnecessary penalties, we have good chances to win. I believe we can win,and we can threepeat, but Toronto right now looks much hungrier on ice. But, Go Bolts! Just Win!! :)
Go Bolts 4ever :D :D :D

Foote has actually been good.

It feels like people are taking a bad loss and using it to scapegoat their favorite punching bags instead of using the actual game as evidence.
During last month or he's playing reallya good hockey. That's a positive news for us!!!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They aren't the team from last two years but that's why we knew this year would be a challenge in comparison. However the team has the capability to play like that. Consistency is key and they haven't had that this year. It's a problem a lot of teams have that we really didn't have last two years. One thing they've been able to continue to do is play well after a loss so hope that continues and is consistent.

As much as everyone has been talking about our d we need more up front imo as well. I'm glad Stamkos is contributing but we need more production from rest of lines at 5v5. Love what Paul is bringing but he needs to finish those. It's the little things they need to bring more consistently that win these series.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I leave the country for a week and this series isn't over with a Tampa 4-1 victory. WTF? Time to go up to Amalie and kick them in the butt during practice.

Come on Bolts, don't lose to these whiny lowlifes, do some Bolts things tomorrow night!

Reactions: Master P

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Foote has actually been good.

It feels like people are taking a bad loss and using it to scapegoat their favorite punching bags instead of using the actual game as evidence.
Agreed on Foote.

The thing is, there's a lot of scapegoats right now because the team sucks collectively. After rewatching the goals against, I gotta retract the Hedman opinion I had. He was good but not great. Definitely made a couple errors. Cernak, which hasn't been mentioned, got put into a whirlybird by Tavares in the corner and did he trip on Vasys stick? Cause he fell, gave separation for the pass and it goes by him and Hedman. No coverage 4 on 4 from a forward either. Reilly wide open. McDonagh made a game changing mistake and cost us. Paul not finishing was tough to watch. Kuch missing. Vasy letting in the 3rd and 4th (both are difficult but the 4th was goaltending 101).

I think people including myself are just tired of seeing some faces on the team that if we lose game 6, we probably should part ways with. I don't agree with all of them but I see the case here and there (not with Paul or Foote though).

Reactions: DaBolts

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
TBH we miss Savard more than everyone on this board gives him credit for

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

sad part is we may only have a year or so left in our window

Is rutta ever coming back?
Is he hurt? scratch? Does anyone know?

I assume he's goners after the year anyways?

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
Yeah Rutta is not a great option but he is a better skater than the guys out there now. We are too slow on D for the leafs attack.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I watched the game last night and I stayed away for a day to keep my anger at bay, It feels like we completely choked a game away that we had well in hand.

Also, Vasy has to be better than what we are getting from him. Have to win tomorrow to keep our season alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad