GDT: 5/10/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
There were 2 wins against DET and one against NYI last year you forgot to mention. So 3 wins in 6 attempts. 50%.

Edit: I forgot about Rangers, Penguins, Caps. G7s are still elimination games.

Yea we're 3-6 (33%) under Cooper. Not great.

But here's my thought process. We alternated blow-outs twice and then stopped the trend by almost winning this one. We're kind of righting the ship. I think we win Game 6 and then it's a toss up Game 7.

bodi

May 14, 2016
Nope. We won 4 (2 DET, NYR, NYI) and lost 5 (MTL, CHI, PIT, WSH, CBJ) 44%

Reactions: Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I started a franchise mode in NHL 22. Trading away Sergachev, Cirelli, Killorn, and Palat to make myself feel better. Will work on finding someone to play with Point who can shoot the puck.

I feel better now.
I always hoped I'm not the only one who does that lmao. Been a few years since the last time though

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Welp, up for another day. Not much pep in my step, gotta shake this one off and see the Rays got no hit, lol. Rough night for TB sports.

I‘ll be at the funeral tomorrow to watch the end of the season. Still, There’s no taking away back to back. Go Bolts

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would jettison Sergachev. Amazing tools but dumb decisions time and time again, so tired of that crap and he will ask for a lot of money. I much rather have Cirelli and Cernak. Not even close to be honest

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's the Gourde line's D that we're missing. They likely don't give up the game winner there, but even more important Coop wouldn't be scrambling to spread Pointer around for his defense. That's on Cooper in part, but the problem mostly solves itself with last year's third line.
I'm not sure it's the forwards fault when a D man decides to turn the puck over at the red line and it immediately springs a 2 on 1 jailbreak.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
There were 2 wins against DET and one against NYI last year you forgot to mention. So 3 wins in 6 attempts. 50%.

Edit: I forgot about Rangers, Penguins, Caps. G7s are still elimination games.
I did not consider the G7s, in both cases (W or L), because, right now, we're not in the condition.
If we want to take in exam also G7s...
2015 - G7 W vs DET and vs NYR
2016 - G7 L vs PIT
2018 - G7 L vs WSH
2021 - G7 W vs NYI

3 Ws and 2 Ls more, in my stats.
It's not anything too different.

Yeah this is not good lol. Kind of like not being able to Jumpstart your team.

Sort of like not pushing the buttons to play more than 15-20 minutes a night. Crazy.
That's impressive and also disgusting.
Probably they're mentally tired because it's almost all year that we are watching this playstyle

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I mean serge is serge. But a mystery trade could be anything! Even a serge! And you know we always needed one of them!

Y’all’s blind opinions are whack

Well, again, there's also contract concerns here. He's already on a $4.8M cap hit. He's due in 2023 - still an RFA, admittedly - so he's going to expect to get a raise. Is he worth giving a raise to, and, if so, how much? Cernak and Cirelli are also due that same off-season as well, so that needs to be taken into account. Either way, $6M for a D is top-pair minutes kind of money and not only is that not Sergy's role here (not really his fault with Hedman and McD around), but I wouldn't be comfortable with him in a top-pair minutes role, either.

Anyway, Lindholm's cap hit in Boston is $6.5M that he just signed recently at age 28, if you want a comparison. I haven't watched enough of Lindholm personally to offer a great opinion on him so I'll just leave that you guys.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It'd be nice to see this team yeet Bogo, Sergechev, and Foote off the roster ASAP. No idea what those clowns are doing out there.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It'd be nice to see this team yeet Bogo, Sergechev, and Foote off the roster ASAP. No idea what those clowns are doing out there.
Problem with Bogo is he's a solid 3rd pair guy who's getting 2nd pair minutes

Serg has been god awful. He's been a big step forward then a big step back player as he's developed so far. Kind of stuck at a crossroads right now with him. Do you commit and hope he figures it out or trade while he's young and still has value

Foote hasn't been a problem tbh these last couple weeks. His skating is still an issue but he's been good in his limited minutes. I don't have any complaints about him tbh. He's starting to take steps in the right direction. His ceiling would only be 2nd pair guy anyways

Reactions: Konnan511

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
0CA76EA3-0596-4A04-84F3-79A2C4CC2A0D.gif

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Elimination games in the Cooper era:

2014 - Down 3-0 vs MTL, we lost G4 4-3 at Bell Centre.
2015 - Down 3-2 vs DET we won G6 5-2 game 6 at the Joe and then we won Game 7
Down 3-2 vs CHI, we lost G6 2-0 at United Center.
2019 - Down 3-0 vs CBJ we lost G4 7-3 at Nationwide Arena.
2022 - Down 3-2 vs TOR...???

So 1 win in 5 attempts.
20%.

Goodnight.

Your numbers are wrong -- you either mean 1 win in 4 attempts (MTL, DET*, CHI, CBJ) or 2 wins in 5 attempts (MTL, DET*x2, CHI, CBJ).

But in any case, it's beyond silly to look at such a small sample size. Hell, you could have 1 win in 4 attempts in a single series and even that *series* still wouldn't be over.

And I can tell you without even looking that we've won 8 elimination games over just the last 2 playoffs -- because we won 8 series in the last 2 playoffs. The fact that we lost game 4 against CBJ after also losing the first three games, and same against Montreal 8 years ago moves me not at all.

These are two evenly matched teams. Game 6 could easily go either way. Not to mention we still haven't seen Vasy be Vasy yet, which is good for a free win whenever it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad