GDT: 5/1/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #1 Montréal [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
For the record the play was definitely offside. Puck has to be completely over the blue line for it to be considered in the zone. Not just on the blue line. Similar to it having to come all the way past the blue line into the neutral zone for it to be considered out of the zone.

That being said, that missed call didnt cause the goal. The goal was scored for another 17 seconds. And a Habs player had the puck on his stick with no one on him and a clear lane out of the zone before he turned it over. So if anyone wants to cry about the missed call, they can cry to the Habs player who gave it back to TB.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
For the record the play was definitely offside. Puck has to be completely over the blue line for it to be considered in the zone. Not just on the blue line. Similar to it having to come all the way past the blue line into the neutral zone for it to be considered out of the zone.

That being said, that missed call didnt cause the goal. The goal was scored for another 17 seconds. And a Habs player had the puck on his stick with no one on him and a clear lane out of the zone before he turned it over. So if anyone wants to cry about the missed call, they can cry to the Habs player who gave it back to TB.

The remainder of the game was so heavily in their favor that they essentially were spotted two goals by the officials. Even if they can convince themselves that the GWG, actually the third goal for us, was caused by the offside call being blown, they're still +1 because of the officiating.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I just got home from a fun night. So, are Habs fans complaining about the offside OT winner?

And how is Johnson looking? No word yet I'd imagine.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The remainder of the game was so heavily in their favor that they essentially were spotted two goals by the officials. Even if they can convince themselves that the GWG, actually the third goal for us, was caused by the offside call being blown, they're still +1 because of the officiating.

Heh yeah.

I thought Montreal played well for about 20 minutes of this game. TB started to carry play about halfway through and finished strong. Which is funny considering the rest difference between the two teams.

The best part about this? Montreal cant play much better. Even Subban said tonight was the best game of the season for Montreal. TB on the other hand has another 2 or 3 gears easily.

I thought TB would lose tonight and win on Sunday. Im now very optimistic they are coming home with a 2-0 lead. I think they can get some actual rest now and they get back to TB hockey against MTL on Sunday.

Also did anyone else notice the ridiculous difference in time and space and game flow tonight compared to all the games against the Wings? Man that "subtle interference" was prevalent and really slowed the game against the Wings.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Heh yeah.

I thought Montreal played well for about 20 minutes of this game. TB started to carry play about halfway through and finished strong. Which is funny considering the rest difference between the two teams.

The best part about this? Montreal cant play much better. Even Subban said tonight was the best game of the season for Montreal. TB on the other hand has another 2 or 3 gears easily.

I thought TB would lose tonight and win on Sunday. Im now very optimistic they are coming home with a 2-0 lead. I think they can get some actual rest now and they get back to TB hockey against MTL on Sunday.

Also did anyone else notice the ridiculous difference in time and space and game flow tonight compared to all the games against the Wings? Man that "subtle interference" was prevalent and really slowed the game against the Wings.

Montreal plays nothing like Detroit. I am so less frustrated watching us play Montreal (with exception to some of our really atrocious passing).

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Heh yeah.

An overrated advantage, in my mind. Rest can be a bad thing, especially if you're off too long. You start getting rusty and you have to get back into the swing of things. I'd rather be in the routine so that I can stay consistent. So I think us going to seven games and winning actually favours us. I'm just shocked that we did so good. Definitely didn't expect us to win, but I'll take a road win.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think Habs dominate this game, except in OT Tampa we're very strong. Ottawa dominate us and we beat them, now we dominate and we lose.

Whatever you say.

All i got to say is it doesn't matter who dominates who. All that matters is the scoreboard and as of right now, Tampa won game one and is leading the series 1-0.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Whatever you say.

All i got to say is it doesn't matter who dominates who. All that matters is the scoreboard and as of right now, Tampa won game one and is leading the series 1-0.

But it must be said that game 2 is likely to be the most pivotal of the series. A win for the Bolts probably makes them, what, 75% to win the series? But if the Habs win, it's essentially back to 50-50.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Heh yeah.

We beat a very very solid team in the first round.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
God I love reading Montreal fans reactions after we spank them. They just love their coach:

ky49q.jpg

******* he sucks

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
You guys were the team I feared the most (in fact I actually predicted you guys to win the cup before the playoffs started going through my habs on the way). I do think that goal is offside, however I am of the opinion (and I think most habs fans are too) that the call didn't really matter. It was a very close play (especially at live speed) and its not like you scored right off the rush. Pateryn should have cleared it, and failed miserably.

You've had our number all year and I expect that to continue, although I hope the habs can finally score more than one goal in a game and possibly win a game.

I find you guys hard to hate. This is the 2nd year in a row we've played so you would think there would be some bad blood, but I can't. I generally like your team, and your fanbase isn't obnoxious. I'm not sure why you had so much trouble with Detroit, but for my money you are the best overall team in the NHL and expect you to win the cup. My only hope for y habs is that Price is a legitimate threat to shut a team out every game, however knowing the ticking time bomb that Stamkos is kind of nullifies that somewhat. He's due to win a game all on his own and that scares me considering tonight's result.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'm so happy we got the win. Hopefully scoring that goal gets Kucherov going for next game too. The only thing I want to see after this is Drouin playing and on the PP.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Sens fan here. Hope you guys spank the dirty Habs, and sweep the next 3. Hopefully your skill guys are all wearing the best wrist & Achilles protection. Like us, you have obviously realized that the zebras will make it so you have to beat the Scabs by an extra goal to win. Go Bolts!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Bruins fan just coming to congratulate your team on the win. :handclap: The crap that the Habs constantly pull and get away with is disgusting.

Beating them in double OT was great - inflicting as much pain as possible. :handclap:

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
We really need to get the powerplay going, thankfully their pp is just as bad.

Two times we managed establish a proper pp that was when Stamkos and Palat carried the puck into the zone, I don't know how many times the puck was dumped in and Montreal could easily clear and 30 seconds were wasted. I know Stralman did it numerous times.

It seems none of our d-men are capable of carriying the puck into the zone, you would think at least Hedman should do it more often.

The only two I see capable of doing it are Nesterov and Barberio, should use one of them as a 7th d-man and run the pp, where the first is probably most likely to get the chance.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Namestnikov had less than 7min of ice time again. Morrow didn't play in OT.

Not sure what Cooper is doing. Drouin needs to play. Needs to run the halfwall on the PP as well.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We really need to get the powerplay going, thankfully their pp is just as bad.

Two times we managed establish a proper pp that was when Stamkos and Palat carried the puck into the zone, I don't know how many times the puck was dumped in and Montreal could easily clear and 30 seconds were wasted. I know Stralman did it numerous times.

It seems none of our d-men are capable of carriying the puck into the zone, you would think at least Hedman should do it more often.

The only two I see capable of doing it are Nesterov and Barberio, should use one of them as a 7th d-man and run the pp, where the first is probably most likely to get the chance.

Too many people standing still. Hedman is the only guy moving on our powerplay. I think its clearly a coaching issue, and not a personnel issue.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

Read rule 83 again. The play was offside but the puck only has to completely cross the leading edge of the blue line (part nearest center ice).

|-----|o is fine but so is
|o---|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad