GDT: 5/1/15 - 7:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #1 Montréal [ECSF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Think that's Flip. The eventual playmaker. Pateryn booted it though. Entire play hinges on him choking under token pressure from Flip.

Not to mention its at an angle, i.e. calgary game 6. Not that it ****in matters, offsides is often missed. Go BOLTS :yo:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Apparently it's not as clear cut if you look at it in 60fps HD. If Flip is offside, it's by less than a centimeter. Boyle had the puck on the blue line when Flips heel is still in the blueline.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
huh ? Kid had some quiet games in the previous series but Palat had 10 shots attempt tonight, he was extremely solid overall, at both ends.

Disagree. He made some awful passes and clear attempts, isn't nearly as physical as he was in the regular season, and isn't winning battles.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Kuch with the Karma goal!

On the disallowed goal Kuch might have pushed his pad in, but Price put the puck in on his own there trying to reach for it. Most of Kuch's momentum was stopped when he made contact with Price.

I think it being offsides after the questionable wave off goal is just karma!

Habs fans making fun of Cooper "whining" about the DRW play last series are not crying foul on an offisides call! Classic!

Go Bolts Go!

And to think this was the game we were supposed to lose! Emotionally spent and tired from a 7 game series! Meanwhile the Habs played only 1 game less!

Just to insure the anti-jinx is on, Habs win in 5!

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
God I love reading Montreal fans reactions after we spank them. They just love their coach:

ky49q.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Apparently it's not as clear cut if you look at it in 60fps HD. If Flip is offside, it's by less than a centimeter. Boyle had the puck on the blue line when Flips heel is still in the blueline.

Yeah, that's too close to complain about. Can't even really call it with a still frame.

EDIT: I'm thinking that's onside.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't say that. I thought he had quite a few bad shifts, couple give aways and his passes seem to be way off compared to his usual self. I'm sure his style of game takes a toll on him, you see the same thing with Cally occasionally. It has to be draining playing every shift as hard as you can every other night.

I didn't notice any particular bad shift from Palat, in the sense we're in the playoffs and there's no room anymore out there, so for sure we'll miss more pass and lose a few more pucks than usual,but to lose a puck battle you have already to be fighting for it and Palat is constantly in the dirty areas.

To be honest the one who had a few bad shifts to me was Kucherov, I know he's our savior but I'd like him to develop a mean streak and get more involved.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
That was the right call. It needed to be called off.

What I'm questioning is Habs fans saying that Johnson was diving and embellishing. He wasn't taking faceoffs and they wouldn't have sent him off if he wasn't hurting.

Habs fans were making sniper comments about Mark Stone on a play that actually broke his wrist, so I wouldn't think too much of it. Anything by the opponent is an embellish in Montreal.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
[NHL]2014030211-1016-a[/NHL]

That goal just underlines the great work by this team's bottom six forwards. Boyle makes the first play and Filppula makes a great pass to Kucherov. How am I not surprised Filppula is on the board again when he happens to be on the ice with competent players? Obviously I'm biased but he's been saddled with Namestnikov and Paquette almost the whole playoffs who neither have done jack **** for this team.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Main boards has a video of Johnson hyperextending his right knee on the penalty in which he held Gallagher and Gallagher hit him with the puck. That play...its not something great to look at cause it looks bad. I dont know the severity on those but I noticed he was off and even when he was back in, he wasnt skating as well and got skipped for his usual line. Hope he's alright. Damn.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Main boards has a video of Johnson hyperextending his right knee on the penalty in which he held Gallagher and Gallagher hit him with the puck. That play...its not something great to look at cause it looks bad. I dont know the severity on those but I noticed he was off and even when he was back in, he wasnt skating as well and got skipped for his usual line. Hope he's alright. Damn.

If anyone cares to see it, https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/594319855328722944

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I missed all of OT. Glad we were able to take it. Rough goal for Bish to let go in, but he made a lot of big saves. Hope Johnson is alright.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cry your heart out, Therrien. :nopity:

I hope we beat your pity party Hab community in 4.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
I think Habs dominate this game, except in OT Tampa we're very strong. Ottawa dominate us and we beat them, now we dominate and we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad