Post-Game Talk: 5-0 Homestand, the puck is in your rink Ken

Will Holland do something besides acquiring a scrub?

• Total voters

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This is a BS thing to say since it was almost unanimous that we shouldn't bring him in & for good reason.
1) It wasn’t even close to unanimous. Funny how some folks always assume they are on the side of some massive majority.
2) It was not ‘good reason’. A lot of ‘allegations’ that the twitterverse just jumped on and ran with. Frankly there was more than a little character assassination going on. Some folks (not saying you, but posts I read right here on this site) should be ashamed.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Backpedal? Never. Not playing positionally sound hockey is the most selfish thing a hockey player can do. Nurse plays the most minutes, other than the goaltender, and unless he pays more attention to detail, particularly in the defensive zone, showing more awareness in coverage of the opposing team while thoroughly raising his reliability in his execution of defensive plays, ultimately it will cost his teammates and the team.

He needs to be precisely on the money in his coverage every time until it becomes second nature to him.

And his mistakes will cost you more grief than I could ever dispense to you or anyone by stating a valid opinion on a hockey message board.
Yeah ok. Nurse is the most selfish player on the team because he doesn’t play perfect positional hockey on every single play. Please tell me again you’ve never played a competitive sport in your life without telling me you’ve never played a competitive sport in your life lol.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Backpedal? Never. Not playing positionally sound hockey is the most selfish thing a hockey player can do. Nurse plays the most minutes, other than the goaltender, and unless he pays more attention to detail, particularly in the defensive zone, showing more awareness in coverage of the opposing team while thoroughly raising his reliability in his execution of defensive plays, ultimately it will cost his teammates and the team.

He needs to be precisely on the money in his coverage every time until it becomes second nature to him.

And his mistakes will cost you more grief than I could ever dispense to you or anyone by stating a valid opinion on a hockey message board.
Find me a NHL D that is precise on their coverage every time.

Good luck

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I dont think our remaining schedule is so bad. The three Avs games make it seem worse. It's full of huge games vs teams we are jostling with. Bring on all those games vs LA, Vegas, Minny and Nashville.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Woodcroft with more self criticism and taking responsibility in four weeks here than Tippett had in 2.5 years.

“I didn’t love my own deployment of players.”

“I’m a big believer in self assessment.”

Also Woody has somehow turned Terry Jones into a competent reporter again. These were his best questions and most lucid he’s been in a long damn time.

The sign of a great coach is taking pressure off of your own players. Not tearing them down like Tippett did with Koskinen (even if the player had a poor game). This is why Woodcroft is so well liked in locker rooms. He's a player's coach who knows what to do and what to say to get the most that he can out of his lineup.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Never a doubt that we were going to score at least 5 goals from the first minute on. Great win, keep rollin'!

What's wrong with the ice at home this year? It's been absolutely terrible more often than not.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Big shoutout to the Carolina Cowboy. Another really solid game by Russell. Made a really smart play on Barrie's goal by faking the shot (which likely would have been blocked), and coming into the middle of the ice before feeding Barrie down the right side. Actually made Barrie look competent for 2 games in a row. Also, Cody Ceci had another really solid game. He doesn't show up on the scoreboard much (which seems to be the main criteria some people on here base a dmans performance on), but he makes all the little plays to bust up cycles and get the puck out of danger.

Russell was good.
Him and Shore dangling at the blue line made me so nervous before the Barrie goal tho!!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Reactions: oilers'72

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We turned her into an Arrowverse fan, nice. ;)
I've recently started watching through the Arrowverse myself, figured it was time I finally caught up. I have to say, Arrow is just a far better show than Supergirl or the Flash. Even though the bad guys all have stormtrooper aim.

Reactions: oilers'72

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've recently started watching through the Arrowverse myself, figured it was time I finally caught up. I have to say, Arrow is just a far better show than Supergirl or the Flash. Even though the bad guys all have stormtrooper aim.
Arrow is darker and more in line with how DC movies usually are.

Reactions: oilers'72 and ujju2

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well I guess changing my name multiple times in 16 years on this board while spending most of my time arguing with dirty Leafs fans on the mains doesn't get me on the list. I'll do better I promise 😪

Diddy​

Sean "Diddy" Combs

Also known as Puffy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean Jean, Brother Love, Sean Love Combs approves of your post.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
1) It wasn’t even close to unanimous. Funny how some folks always assume they are on the side of some massive majority.
2) It was not ‘good reason’. A lot of ‘allegations’ that the twitterverse just jumped on and ran with. Frankly there was more than a little character assassination going on. Some folks (not saying you, but posts I read right here on this site) should be ashamed.
I'm pretty comfortable with anything I've ever posted regarding Evander Kane &, no, I'm not on the cesspool known as twitter. As a matter of fact, I posted the other day in the Kane thread that I'd be in favor of signing him for 2 years @ 5-5.5M/year.

The only problem I had with the post I was responding to was the use of the word hypocrite to describe a very large portion of the fanbase. That's way too harsh.

As for the "good reason" comment, I consider the report that the San Jose leadership group approached team management to tell them they don't want him on the team as a red flag & "good reason". I'm sorry for assuming that's true since I've never seen any report to the contrary.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
There's no way in hell we're trading Barrie

I don’t understand why people want to anyways. He’s still scoring at a 46 point pace despite having a “down” year. That’s a feat that has been accomplished on this team by exactly 2 other dmen in the last 20 years. Chris Pronger (56 points in 80 games), Sheldon Souray (53 points in 81 games). He lead all NHL dmen in scoring last year, and he leads our defense in point per game this year (and will likely pass Bouch by the end of the season in points).

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I don’t understand why people want to anyways. He’s still scoring at a 46 point pace despite having a “down” year. That’s a feat that has been accomplished on this team by exactly 2 other dmen in the last 20 years. Chris Pronger (56 points in 80 games), Sheldon Souray (53 points in 81 games). He lead all NHL dmen in scoring last year, and he leads our defense in point per game this year (and will likely pass Bouch by the end of the season in points).
With Bouch up and coming barries money is better spent elsewhere.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
With Bouch up and coming barries money is better spent elsewhere.

He makes just 1.3 more than Kass and 1.75 more than Foegele and has more points over the last 2 years than both of them combined despite being a dman. It’s not better spent elsewhere. As much as I don’t want to deal Kassian, he’s the player you move out if you want to open up capspace. Barrie isn’t overpaid, and you can have 2 offensive dmen on a team despite what this board seems to have convinced themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad