Prospect Info: 4th round - 100th overall - Shane Eiserman

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He was drafted by the Sherbrooke Phoenix in the 11th round in 2012.

Habs and Phoenix fan here coming in peace. I was wondering what's Ottawa stance usually with their prospects heading to the NCAA vs the CHL? Do they seem to have a general preference? Eiserman seemed pretty happy to head to U of New Hampshire next year, but you never know.

Has there been a prospect in Eiserman's situation before drafted by Ottawa, having both options open? He would be welcomed with open arms here in Sherbrooke, we desperately need size and skill up front. He would look good on a line with Audette:)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Habs and Phoenix fan here coming in peace. I was wondering what's Ottawa stance usually with their prospects heading to the NCAA vs the CHL? Do they seem to have a general preference? Eiserman seemed pretty happy to head to U of New Hampshire next year, but you never know.

Has there been a prospect in Eiserman's situation before drafted by Ottawa, having both options open? He would be welcomed with open arms here in Sherbrooke, we desperately need size and skill up front. He would look good on a line with Audette:)

Sens management prefers college because they can go longer without needing to be signed and they can stay longer in college than the CHL(more room in Bingo).

This me assuming this based on management comments.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013

Can't think of a time since Murray took over where a prospect with a college commitment took the CHL route instead. I doubt it happens but you never know.

KwanTuM

Aug 16, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Can't think of a time since Murray took over where a prospect with a college commitment took the CHL route instead. I doubt it happens but you never know.

Didn't O'brien go CHL?

Edit: but I guess there are far more cases where prospects with college commitments stick it through until they jump to the AHL.

I guess I have to ask...is there a better developmental league to go through? CHL vs. NCAA?

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
Didn't O'brien go CHL?

Edit: but I guess there are far more cases where prospects with college commitments stick it through until they jump to the AHL.

I guess I have to ask...is there a better developmental league to go through? CHL vs. NCAA?

O'Brien played one year in the NCAA before going to Seattle. I didn't count that because it wasn't a Murray draft pick.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Courtesy of DraftBuzz:

Shane Eiserman Dubuque LW
Ditched Prep for a bigger stage, but wasn't able to grab the reigns as tightly as he may have liked. Interestingly may have only slightly improved draft stock. Guy is a terror if he's on the ice and you
have the puck. Can steal the puck simply by manhandling opponents with a huge hit or slight bump.
Has good jump. Needs to improve decisions in passing situations. Doesn't hold onto the puck enough to rank him higher.
Has sexy tools and should be great NCAA'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad