Prospect Info: 4th round - 100th overall - Shane Eiserman

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Supernatural-Shrug.gif

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Shane Eiserman - 100th OV

"He can change the game single-handedly, said Dubuque head coach Matt Shaw. "He was a vital player for us. Numerous times he made a play or two with or without the puck to change the momentum of the game. His physicalness can back other teams off."

Eiserman, who tested better than anyone else in the strength categories at the NHL Combine, is a strong, physical power forward.

"He's got assets you can't teach. He's got size, he's physical. He plays a pure power game. He is a big man with a powerful stride. Coaches love that because that's stuff you can't teach," said Shaw.

Eiserman projects as a second or third liner at the professional level, a player that will bring grit and energy each shift and chip in offensively from time to time. He has a good shot and crashes the net well, but he doesn't have the high-end skill of some of the other players in the top half of the draft.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...rman-unh-recruit-dubuque-fighting-saints-ushl

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

sounds pretty good

88. Shane Eiserman, LW, Dubuque Fighting Saints (6’2″ 200 lbs): Power forward prospect who put up 16 goals and 40 points in 53 games in the USHL. He is a strong skater with good speed and the power to fight through checks, allowing him to go wide and cut hard to the net with the puck on his stick. He has a good shot and release, and strong passing skills. Needs some work on keeping his feet moving in the defensive zone.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Pretty good value pick.

@Sens_Army_ 1m
Eiserman's NHL potential, per ISS: "3rd-4th line power forward who can play on an energy line. Comparable: Brandon Dubinsky" #Sens #NHLDraft

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I love how the descriptions of these players are so phenomenal and highly endorsing. When in reality the dude is 100th overall and will probalby never stick int he NHL

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
he seems good. i just really keep hoping we can get a big nasty power forward type who can play on the 1st or 2nd lines. this franchise has never had that

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Sens put all this value on getting a 1st rounder just to select a guy who was available at 40. Just goes to show that every team gets a little "baby crazy" around draft time and that these picks arent as valuable as they are made out to be. I think getting the draft out of the way will help us get a package that is actually more helpful to us, rather than just checking off boxes as we get certain assets that we feel we need in the return.

WhiteLight*

Sens put all this value on getting a 1st rounder just to select a guy who was available at 40. Just goes to show that every team gets a little "baby crazy" around draft time and that these picks arent as valuable as they are made out to be. I think getting the draft out of the way will help us get a package that is actually more helpful to us, rather than just checking off boxes as we get certain assets that we feel we need in the return.

yeah

pretty weird that Murray was so insistant on getting a 1st

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
ISS on Eiserman: "A two-way player with a strong mechanical stride and power forward potential." #Sens #NHLDraft

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
he seems good. i just really keep hoping we can get a big nasty power forward type who can play on the 1st or 2nd lines. this franchise has never had that

Most franchises have never had that.

Those Eric Lindros/Milan Lucic type power forwards are one of the rarest breeds in the game.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I love how the descriptions of these players are so phenomenal and highly endorsing. When in reality the dude is 100th overall and will probalby never stick int he NHL
You can be those things without being able to make the NHL. If they go pro somewhere, it's a successful pick even if they don't sniff the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad