Post-Game Talk: #49 | Lightning at FLYERS | Thur, Jan. 25, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We played good but weak plays by g, weal, got, Laughton coat the game. No compete plays which have been here for awhile.

Good point, I expect elite defense by Weal every time vs the NHLs best player, all while Flip was in never never land

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They played the game and know who's fault it is on goals. Just so you know G,Coots,Provy,Konecny now with no stupid giveaways, Ghost and Hagg and Patrick who is getting better are all good hockey players. I don't like the softness and I don't mean hits and fights I mean checking and I stand by Coots being the only forward right now that could handle checking along with scoring. We'll be a good team in 5 years.

Not all of them, but even if they did, it doesn't mean they have a clue what they're talking about.

Clement and Therien are idiots and both played hockey. It means nothing at all.

Just look at Gretzky... best player ever and he was a trash coach and constantly says stupid shit about different random players being "the best".

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Not all of them, but even if they did, it doesn't mean they have a clue what they're talking about.

Clement and Therien are idiots and both played hockey. It means nothing at all.

Just look at Gretzky... best player ever and he was a trash coach and constantly says stupid **** about different random players being "the best".
Still know who f***ed up on the goals and so do I. No one gets a pass for shift checking that lead to those goals.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Still know who ****ed up on the goals and so do I. No one gets a pass for shift checking that lead to those goals.
Hagg, MacDonald, Manning, Gudas, and Ghost.

Blaming the forwards is a MASSIVE reach and just deflecting blame from the ones who actually deserve it.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hagg, MacDonald, Manning, Gudas, and Ghost.

Blaming the forwards is a MASSIVE reach and just deflecting blame from the ones who actually deserve it.
You pick the ones you hate and I'll pick the ones who blew the goals. Announcers who played know like I do. Forwards are bad at checking.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I loved Clement with Gary Thorne on ESPN when he had to cover all the teams. Now that he just does the Flyers, he's got orange fever.
Yep, it's pretty sad how hardcore biased he is...

At this point, when watching games, I turn my volume down pretty low because the commentary is just so awful. I can't stand listening to the turd polishing by JJ, Therien, and Clement. Jones is OK sometimes, but it's still pretty bad.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Yep, it's pretty sad how hardcore biased he is...

At this point, when watching games, I turn my volume down pretty low because the commentary is just so awful. I can't stand listening to the turd polishing by JJ, Therien, and Clement. Jones is OK sometimes, but it's still pretty bad.
I wish there was a feed with just the arena sounds

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Strawmen.

Ghost is playing 21 minutes a night, given his frame, that's probably as much as you want him to play.
He's an exceptional PP QB, a good ES defenseman, but has physical limitations on the PK and in his D-zone when it gets crowded.
Nothing surprising there. Nor is it a knock, most players have physical limitations, whether it be size, speed, quickness, etc.

I don't think Flyers look tired, rather, TB is a tough matchup for this team (and almost any team) because they're exceptionally quick and jump on mistakes - but we outshot them 37-22 and a lot were good chances - so the difference in goalie quality was a big factor.

This was the kind of game where Frost and NAK and Sanheim and Myers will help in the future - because we'll need to increase team speed and quickness to handle TB (and we'll need Hart and Sandstrom). It won't hurt if Laczynski and Kase become our versions of Point and Gourde.

It doesn't make sense for Hextall to make moves predicated on matching TB this year, we're not in that class right now and a few panic tweaks won't change that reality.

I think by "strawman" you mean "double standards." Considering the sheer number of failures leading to goals by other dmen that get endlessly written off or outright defended by people here and in the media.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes it is. You never played and have no clue. The announcers who played told you so listen to people who know. Eveyone ****s up so what.

This argument you're using is making my case for me. You're wrong and you know it.

If you had a real argument, you wouldn't be using weak excuses and logical fallacies.

Even IF the forwards f***ed up, the defensemen were far out of position and were the ultimate cause of the goals.

It was the defensemens fault. End of story. Move on.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was everyone's fault.
The defensemen were outquicked, the forwards did a bad job of backchecking, and the goalie stopped nothing.
The killer was the SH goal, if they score on that PP, it's a 2-1 game, SH goal and game over.

We got beat by a better team, primarily by a much better goalie.
Get over it, no shame losing to what may be the best team in the NHL.
TB is going to generate scoring chances against anyone, for one thing, like Columbus, when you have a great goalie you can gamble more, to stop them you need excellent goalie play on your side.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
This argument you're using is making my case for me. You're wrong and you know it.

If you had a real argument, you wouldn't be using weak excuses and logical fallacies.

Even IF the forwards ****ed up, the defensemen were far out of position and were the ultimate cause of the goals.

It was the defensemens fault. End of story. Move on.
I win you lose end of story move on. To you are gonna make me break records at the gym soon:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad