Post-Game Talk: #49 | Lightning at FLYERS | Thur, Jan. 25, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Washington would be a better matchup than either TB or Boston.

He makes just over 1 million. Let's not act like we were lucky to lose an albatross. We have about a handful of worse contracts on the current roster.

I would give my entire tax refund to somehow swap Lehtera for Bellemare.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You mean the guy who plays 12:12 and has posted 46g 5-2 7. CF% 52.2, CFrel 0.7, E+/- +1.2, 38 TK, 14 GV, 6.2 GA/60 on the PK.
Meanwhile Laughton 11:38, 49g 7-7 14, CF% 50.4, CFrel 1.5, E +/- +0.4, 14 TK, 16 GV, 8.8 GA/60 on the PK.

Pretty much a wash, but we exposed PEB and kept Laughton.
Of course, Laughton has a lot more upside.

Context matters, my friend. As you are correctly fond of saying, usage/teammates/systems play a large part. And also some of those stats mean as much as what he had for lunch, but that’s neither here nor there.

He makes just over 1 million. Let's not act like we were lucky to lose an albatross. We have about a handful of worse contracts on the current roster.

Putting Bellemare on this team would do as much damage as Lehtera has to the long-term organizational goals. I can’t say more because they have him on PP2 sometimes right now. That’s tough to beat unless you think he gets another deal at the end of this one.

The danger is not in the cap hit of the contract, it’s in the deployment and the evaluative process that lead to that contract. Both could be buried with no cap difference that matters given how the team is being built. Neither would be.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
This forum is odd sometimes. People like to ignore context when it comes to beating the drum on why MacDonald, Bellemare and etc are a detriment to the team but when it comes to other players context matters!

Reactions: BrokenStix and JXC

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The danger is not in the cap hit of the contract, it’s in the deployment and the evaluative process that lead to that contract. Both could be buried with no cap difference that matters given how the team is being built. Neither would be.

They would be buried as soon as a better replacement was ready.
Lehtera has played 31 of 49, 10:32, Weise 34 fo 49, 10:47, Leier 32 games, 10:48
All three are history as soon as enough kids are ready.
Eight forwards play 13 minutes or more a night, and Patrick will be the ninth.
Next year Laughton and Lindblom are locks, so Weal or Raffl move down to the 4th line.
NAK and MV battle for the RW spot on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad