GDT: #48: FLYERS at Canadiens, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So do Weise come back in the lineup, or does Fletcher promote his first ever skater prospect from the AHL?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Bye week is what it is. Maybe one of the 3 injured goalies can get healthy enough so that they can waive McKenna.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Bye week is what it is. Maybe one of the 3 injured goalies can get healthy enough so that they can waive McKenna.
I am all for resigning Elliott. I think he would be a great guy to pair with Hart next year. I hope Stolarz comes back relatively soon (heard it could be around the bye week) and he gets more time to play in the NHL. It seems more and more likely his Flyers career ends with him getting claimed on waivers, but hopefully he stays as the "3rd" goalie next year.

I think the new brass has reshuffled the goalie depth chart and I would bet this is Lyon's last year with the organ-I-zation. Neuvirth can be launched into the sun during a special 1 hour live cable TV event hosted by Nick Cannon.

edit: actually just saw they sent Stolarz to LHV for conditioning

Reactions: Danko

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I am all for resigning Elliott. I think he would be a great guy to pair with Hart next year. I hope Stolarz comes back relatively soon (heard it could be around the bye week) and he gets more time to play in the NHL. It seems more and more likely his Flyers career ends with him getting claimed on waivers, but hopefully he stays as the "3rd" goalie next year.

I think the new brass has reshuffled the goalie depth chart and I would bet this is Lyon's last year with the organ-I-zation. Neuvirth can be launched into the sun during a special 1 hour live cable TV event hosted by Nick Cannon.

Would like to see Elliott come back and finish this season before I'd even consider re-signing him. Also, even if he does finish the season, if he's going to need any kind of off season surgery, I'll take a pass.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is such a terrible idea.

It's pretty clear that he has reached the "breaking down" phase, much like biodegradable garbage.

Let's sign a veteran back-up for Hart that isn't a constant risk of injury.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Lyon may end up being that backup, since he returned to LHV he's been playing very well, if he finishes the year strong he has the inside track.

I mean if Hart is your starter, the kid has shown himself to be very durable, playing almost 70 games a year, and has a style that's conducive to a heavy work load (relies on positioning, not acrobats).
So we're talking 20-25 starts a year for a backup goalie, that eliminates the top veterans who'll want a bigger role and bigger money.
At that point, if you're talking a meh veteran, why not give Lyon a shot while the young goalies work their way through the system.

Elliott just isn't reliable health wise anymore, so you would have to have a solid starter at LHV who can pass through waivers (a real issue as Toronto discovered this year).

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Beat the crap out of them!!!

fa0601da40b670914d400a3f01cb4623--hockey-montreal.jpg

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
MTL is fast as hell and actually check and have the players to do it. Not surprizing they are playing well.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Another team with an excellent coach playing better than predicted. Interesting.

Yes, and one with a new, high profile, assistant coach we should give an interview to this offseason. Is it a coincidence Montreal starts overachieving when he arrives? Pictured here coaching our boy, Carter.

duch1k.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, and one with a new, high profile, assistant coach we should give an interview to this offseason. Is it a coincidence Montreal starts overachieving when he arrives? Pictured here coaching our boy, Carter.

duch1k.jpg

Is it a bad time to remind you that he was in charge of coaching the defensemen in that 2016 WJC? And that he thought it was a good idea to dress Cale Makar as the 7th D last year when he was clearly the most talented defenseman on the roster?

:DD

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Is it a bad time to remind you that he was in charge of coaching the defensemen in that 2016 WJC? And that he thought it was a good idea to dress Cale Makar as the 7th D last year when he was clearly the most talented defenseman on the roster?

:DD

I did not realize he ran the 2016 WJC defense. Now I want to vomit. My blood pressure is rising remembering the atrocities of that team's coaching.

Fleury & Hickey shutdown pair! :dunce:

Joe Hicketts deployed like Doughty! :dunce:

Sanheim/Dermott splitting PP reps! :dunce:

Bad memories! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad