GDT: [#48] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild, 8:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
No line info yet.

I'm gonna assume no Miro, meaning Johns is gonna slot in without a doubt.

Unfortunately no Miro probably means the zone exits are gonna be a tire fire. May need to grind this one out even more than usual.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
In a perfect world Miro is fine and Johns plays in Polaks spot or they play with 7D tonight. I'm pretty sure the team will put Faksa on IR so they can activate Johns for tonight without having to make another move.

How they deal with the contracts after the break depends on everybodies health i guess.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If everybody is healthy after the break its either a) send down Kiviranta b) waive one of Dowling/Fedun c) trade someone where . Well d) send down Gurianov exists as well but that would be monumentally stupid . The coaching staff might actually be inclined to do that but i can't see the GM doing it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well if Johns plays at least it will replace some of the massive amount of watch value that is lost with Heiskanen's absence. Miro's first game missed as a Star it appears

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Well i hope its just this one game. Also holy moly those are some wierd line combinations.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Johns is back = great.

Heiskanen news = :ha: . Well its not really news . Just something we all expected.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
If everybody is healthy after the break its either a) send down Kiviranta b) waive one of Dowling/Fedun c) trade someone where . Well d) send down Gurianov exists as well but that would be monumentally stupid . The coaching staff might actually be inclined to do that but i can't see the GM doing it.
• Keep Kiviranta up (he’s part of the future)
• Waive both Dowling and Fedun (both are replaceable, but also might clear)
• Trade Janmark for a low, conditional pick (he’s replaceable and frees up more cap space)
• Never send Gurianov down again
• Win the Cup

serp

Jan 17, 2016
• Keep Kiviranta up (he’s part of the future)
• Waive both Dowling and Fedun (both are replaceable, but also might clear)
• Trade Janmark for a low, conditional pick (he’s replaceable and frees up more cap space)

• Never send Gurianov down again
• Win the Cup

But that leaves 2 rosterspots open ....

Stars need to send one guy somewhere else. Not 3 .

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I really think Janmark is under appreciated. Would it be nice if he put up more points? Sure, but I love the rest of his game. And his speed isn’t easily replaced.. he’s pretty quick and we don’t have that in spades.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Stars have plenty to pick from in Austin. Pick two two-way contract players and rotate giving them fourth line minutes. And it creates more cap space for a potentially meaningful deadline transaction. I know it’s not a popular opinion.

Stars don't want to put prospects into the pressbox and Texas is somehow in a playoff position again after starting the season with 12 losses in a row . So the players in Texas can play meaningful games and big minutes in the AHL instead of spot up duty in the NHL. Dowling and Fedun are well suited to scratch on a regular basis and occasionally put in when someone has a minor injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad