GDT: [#48] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild, 8:00 PM CST (FSSW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Can't all be the coaches blame. The majority of the team is seasoned veterans. They should be able to go and do their jobs.
Stars can get so streaky just can't seem to put all the pieces together at times.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It's the coaches fault Gurianov can't score on a breakway.

It's the coaches fault Dickinson misses a wide open net.

It's the coaches fault Seguin bobbles the puck and wastes time before shooting it and missing the net when he had half a net to shoot at.

It's the coaches fault Klingberg makes a risky neutral zone pass thats a turnover.

It's the coaches fault Pavelski is skating through mud.

It's the coaches fault the defense put up no effort and resistance below the dots or in front of the net.

It's the coaches fault Benn can't make a simple tape to tape pass and turns it over more often than connecting.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There are certainly things a coach can't do, but a coach does matter when it comes to how much effort a team gives. The last two games saw a team that has checked out and greatly outplayed.

Then there's also the game plan itself.

On the broadcast, Razor said Bowness wants something like 70 shot attempts a game, but the team last night struged to get pucks toward the net. Are the players not doing what he wants, or are his other ultra-conservative defensive demands hampering the team's ability to generate shots?

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Who knew how important Faksa was to this team? These last couple of games should put an end to the "trade him when he needs a new contract" talk, because it's obvious the team doesn't give a Faksa about winning without him...

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
If Heiskanen comes back soon I'm not worried. If he's out for a while I'm not seeing how this team finds a way to win games. Their elite goaltending is predicated on excellent defending. Since Miro's last shift, I haven't seen it played to any passable level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad