GDT: [#47] late night 3 of 3 in California

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No one is skating.

Off to bed, will be watching it but probably won't manage to stay up.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
good game guys as usual !

could have gone either way, Quick made some key saves

love your team! cheers!

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Basically, agree with the above. PK seems to be a certain goal against lately, must be fixed.

Hopefully, a few home games against some lesser lights will break the losing streak, but we know how those lesser light games go.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
PK and PP are a desaster. They can't win faceoffs to save their lives on either which is a huge problem. On the PP they make so many sloppy passes that lead to turnovers and clears when they finally manage to get set up.

On the bright side playing with Janmark and Roussel woke Hemsky up. That line was really good.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Yes, what has happened to the face off wins? It was a decent game, they played well, but L.A. did enough to win. So many decent shots for the Stars in the 3rd, but Quick made the saves. This could be a playoff preview...Go Stars.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
PK and PP are a desaster. They can't win faceoffs to save their lives on either which is a huge problem. On the PP they make so many sloppy passes that lead to turnovers and clears when they finally manage to get set up.

On the bright side playing with Janmark and Roussel woke Hemsky up. That line was really good.

surprises me as Spezza has always been a good PP guy...actually the stars have a bunch of good PP guys

serp

Jan 17, 2016
surprises me as Spezza has always been a good PP guy...actually the stars have a bunch of good PP guys

The team very often loses the first faceoff on the PP which will usually lead to a clear. From that point on the team will struggle get set up . When they do they finally ( if they do at all ) they often just pass the puck around until someone ( its very often been Benn or Seguin ) makes a weak pass through the middle or back to the blue line where it gets intercepted and cleared.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was there live, met a few Stars fans that made the trip. Fun as hell game with a great atmosphere. I go to ~20 a year and that was probably the 2nd or 3rd liveliest this year which is big considering Dallas isn't really a 'rival' (yet?) and it was a slightly rainy Tuesday night in LA.

Was super fun watching two top teams try to force their completely different gameplans on one another.

Cheers to health, see you again!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way since Janmark pretty much elevated every line he's been put onto i wonder if putting Matty with Benn and Seguin would get them going again ? They've been invisible for too many games now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad