Post-Game Talk: #47| FLYERS at Islanders | Mon., Jan. 19, 2015| 1:00 PM ET

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Berbue "Couturier's line didn't work hard enough or compete"

God...shut up. How about you actually coach instead of throwing cliche's out. Hope he's gone.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011

God...shut up. How about you actually coach instead of throwing cliche's out. Hope he's gone.

Berube's solution - put Rinaldo on the line. Surely Rinaldo is part of the solution.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
This team is BRU-TAL.

I stopped watching them in Dec sometime, first time I stopped in my life as a fan of the team. The product is the pits. A 2 player team won't win anything. The 'chief" needs to go. Players need to sit. Call ups need to happen, give our 'future' some time on the ice.

It's evident this team is lacking. I'd rather know our younger Flyers can or cannot do it at the NHL level. Give them a shot.

Also, sell some bodies.

Gross.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What I think makes Rinaldo stat even more pathetic is that he often gets significant ice time, PP time, time with the first, second and third line - and he still is averaging under 0.1 PPG.

How this guy is in the NHL is beyond me. The fact that Hextall gave him an extension is a troubling sign.

Rinaldo still spends a lion's share of his time on the fourth line with no PP time. The dude sucks but we don't have to exaggerate here.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Rinaldo still spends a lion's share of his time on the fourth line with no PP time. The dude sucks but we don't have to exaggerate here.

How many offensive zones does he get. He started the game playing with Simmonds. He is occasionally on the ice with Giroux and Voracek. To be averaging less than .1 pts per game with all those facts working in your favor is impressive.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Unfortunately though, he should have been back in the bus leagues three years ago.

I'm not even sure if Rinaldo would be a 10 point player if he spent an entire season on Giroux's wing.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This season Rinaldo is the definition of useless. He does nothing positive.
You can't even consider him a pest anymore.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How many offensive zones does he get. He started the game playing with Simmonds. He is occasionally on the ice with Giroux and Voracek. To be averaging less than .1 pts per game with all those facts working in your favor is impressive.

I'm not arguing whether he's good or not (he's not) but arguing your exaggeration. The guy still spends the bulk of his time on the fourth line with no PP time.

He gets more opportunites than he should but in the grand scheme of things they're still not a lot. He'll likely be back in the pressbox when Laughton comes back.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
This team is ultra bad without Mason. Zepp isn't to blame IMO (Especially after watching some replays) he's doing everything he can.

But this defense is hilarious. Or sad depending on the way you look at it.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
that line was pretty terrible though. dont let your justifiable hate for berube cloud that.

I don't, but 1) I don't think he's a good coach 2) Just friggin say what everyone knows....this team is bad.

Working harder or competing isn't doing anything.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
I mean losing 7-4 is terrible. You're losing by 3 goals, no chance at the playoffs, and theres a guy on the other team wrecking everybody.... why the **** is Rinaldo on the team if he doesn't step up and fight him? Why doesn't anyone step up and fight him? The team is full of ******* as of late, remember last year when we turned the season around because EVERYONE on the ice beat the **** out of the caps? I want to see that, even though there is no turning this dumpster around.
I don't mind losing by 3 goals, but jesus christ have some dignity when you get destroyed..

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'd normally be upset about them taking the assist away, but it's Rinaldo so I don't give a **** either way now.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't, but 1) I don't think he's a good coach 2) Just friggin say what everyone knows....this team is bad.

Working harder or competing isn't doing anything.

This quote underlines why Berube is such a fan of Rinaldo. He competes. In other words, he doesn't do anything well offensively or defensively, but he does it with determination. Berube would despise having Hagg on his team because he doesn't look like he is working hard.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
104603-our-pets-heads-are-falling-off-271n.gif

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Zepp really needs to control the puck better, every shot he gives off some brutal rebounds giving the other team about 3 extra shots on goal when it should've only been one.

But between him and tectonic movement Emery I would still rather go with Zepp.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

No one hates Berube more than me, but he is right for once. That was Reads worst game as a Flyer. I said 20 games ago this isn't gonna change with Read and people say I was over reacting, you can make a case that he is getting worse. If this keeps up, he is gonna be in the Vinny RJ group with his cap hit, just bad. Trade him asap, you can get his play from a VV .

This team is done, season is over, get an interim in with the style you want and start for next year. People saying keep Berube, don't work that way. Team will not magically change with a new coach in the summer, start breaking their habits NOW .

And for the love of God, get Rosehill back on this lame duck team , us getting bullied and hammered is embarassing. Not only do we suck, we are *******. :cry:

RJ8812*

Zepp really needs to control the puck better, every shot he gives off some brutal rebounds giving the other team about 3 extra shots on goal when it should've only been one.

But between him and tectonic movement Emery I would still rather go with Zepp.

Zepp is no better than Emery. There's a reason why he's never played in the NHL before this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad