Post-Game Talk: #47| FLYERS at Islanders | Mon., Jan. 19, 2015| 1:00 PM ET

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I'd rather have Hextall glare at the guys behind the bench all game than continure having Berube coach.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Defense/Goaltending was ****, were beat physically big time.

Offense all and all not too bad.

Couturier was ****. Umburger was ****. Lecavalier was ****.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Losses like this show that they are more of a sell team.

I don't want to keep hearing "if they get on a run, they can make the playoffs"

Forget that...sell it off.

Jun 1, 2010
this is just a very one dimensional team. They're a decent play making team that can put up some goals, but they don't have any size to play a physical game when the play making's not working, and they're too slow overall to out skate the other team when they're falling behind. They really need to get rid of some of the one-dimensional players like umburger, and bring in more well-rounded guys that can throw a check when they're not doing anything else. I know it takes time to get there, but it's tough watching so many one dimensional players.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Losses like this show that they are more of a sell team.

I don't want to keep hearing "if they get on a run, they can make the playoffs"

Forget that...sell it off.

Even the most optimistic Flyers fans know this team is done.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Found the post from Appleyard.

Getting close to being one of a pretty elite club.

200GP as a forward & <0.10 PPG

Only 30 players have ever done it in NHL history.

Wonder if he can get a point in the next 8 to avoid it.

Funnily enough only one of these players has a + +/- over their career... Scott Parker.

That being said he has played half-decently this season, far less of a liability than last year.

Rinaldo in a nutshell... yet he gets an extension. **** off.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
Didn't Rinaldo have a assist with Giroux goal?

Was beaten to it..

Last edited:

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Even the most optimistic Flyers fans know this team is done.

For me I've looked at it as they need to go 6-3-1 over the four ten game stretches (starting with home at Boston). Right now they are 2-4-0 over their first stretch, unless they can win the next four games in a row (three of them are at home against non-playoff teams) they should start selling.

And no I don't think going 24-12-4 (now 22-8-4) is remotely close to happening but I just like holding out hope (no matter how slim) as a fan.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Granted this team has some holes. Rinaldo is useless, Emery is washed up, and our secondary scoring needs some upgrades. We need a #1 defenseman. All of these goals can be accomplished. But Berube has made some decent players look bad with his scheme and our defense has no direction. But this is not a trash team. It just has a trash coach. It's time to stop the revolving rebuild and concentrate on the holes. Let's start now with the a real coach so we can better evaluate who needs to go.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Colaiacovo is officially listed as doubtful for tomorrow, that likely necessitates a callup from Lehigh Valley since there are no spare healthy bodies (Laughton is probably out, too).

Speculation is Brandon Manning will be recalled.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Getting close to being one of a pretty elite club.

200GP as a forward & <0.10 PPG

Only 30 players have ever done it in NHL history.

Wonder if he can get a point in the next 8 to avoid it.

Funnily enough only one of these players has a + +/- over their career... Scott Parker.

That being said he has played half-decently this season, far less of a liability than last year..

What I think makes Rinaldo stat even more pathetic is that he often gets significant ice time, PP time, time with the first, second and third line - and he still is averaging under 0.1 PPG.

How this guy is in the NHL is beyond me. The fact that Hextall gave him an extension is a troubling sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad