GDT: #46 | Sabres @ Oilers | Jan 14, 7:00 PM | TV: SN-W

Does ketchup belong in mac 'n' cheese?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I'm getting flashbacks to that 10-2 beating the Sabres put on us a while back. :ha:

Funny, I was there when they beat us know 10-1, Stafford looked like Crosby that game, and "we want 10!" was chanted.

The ridiculous part is you could he talking about another game and it's totally realistic to think they've beaten us 10-1 before as well as routed us again 10-2.

Cory Gray

Oct 9, 2018
Please put up 5+ points McDaddy.

Doesn't he have the flu... even for McDavid, that would be hard a day or two after being sick - and if reports are correct, he's been fighting this for a week or two, so who is to say that it is over with today. I think he has something and I don't think it's a virus - I think it's a loss of hope and is more mental.

Reactions: Duke74

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
On mac and cheese sounds repulsive, on a hot dog can be okay though.

hotdog.gif
xoBKJRQ.jpg

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Is this the game we learn how to battle? That the team realizes they need to put in an effort to win games? Stay tuned to find out!...or not.

I'll watch this game at some point over the next 48hrs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm not sure how you could eat that and live with yourself.

I was just wondering how you could eat that without wearing it or where you're supposed to put the mustard..

Plus that bun would fall apart faster than our D commitment.

Heres a thing. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is historically pretty much a Canadian thing. An after school lazy ass staple for 12 yr old kids everywhere that can then say "I can cook". In the US they don't know much about this product.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I was just wondering how you could eat that without wearing it or where you're supposed to put the mustard..

Plus that bun would fall apart faster than our D commitment.

Heres a thing. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is historically pretty much a Canadian thing. An after school lazy ass staple for 12 yr old kids everywhere that can then say "I can cook". In the US they don't know much about this product.

Really? Every American kid I know also grows up on Kraft mac and cheese, either at home or in schools. It's slightly less American than apple pie and baseball, but that's about it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Really? Every American kid I know also grows up on Kraft mac and cheese, either at home or in schools. It's slightly less American than apple pie and baseball, but that's about it.

Until recently wouldn't be called Kraft in the US and in Canada we stuff more Kraft mac n cheese down our gobs than anywhere in the world.

Why Do Canadians Eat So Much Kraft Mac 'N Cheese? - Food Republic

With our other fascination with Donairs, pizza's, poutine we must have a cultural thing with processed cheese.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Until recently wouldn't be called Kraft in the US and in Canada we stuff more Kraft mac n cheese down our gobs than anywhere in the world.

Why Do Canadians Eat So Much Kraft Mac 'N Cheese? - Food Republic

With our other fascination with Donairs, pizza's, poutine we must have a cultural thing with processed cheese.

Weird. I'm 38, definitely called it Kraft Mac and Cheese all through my childhood. It's not anything new here, not sure about the rest of the country - my area of Michigan is about 30 mins from the Canadian border though.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
With Mac & Cheese or Kraft Dinner, I don't know why but that is legitimately the only food I eat straight out of the pot and don't bother putting it in a bowl.

And I feel like the king of the world eating it this way.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Weird. I'm 38, definitely called it Kraft Mac and Cheese all through my childhood. It's not anything new here, not sure about the rest of the country - my area of Michigan is about 30 mins from the Canadian border though.

So close it was probably getting smuggled across the border before the wall..

I'm jk

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
With Mac & Cheese or Kraft Dinner, I don't know why but that is legitimately the only food I eat straight out of the pot and don't bother putting it in a bowl.

And I feel like the king of the world eating it this way.

heh, are you my brother?

The wife looks at me strange when I do that. f***, why have to wash extra dishes? Tastes better right out of the pot. Especially camping around a fire.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I guess there really is a big issue with Canadians coming here to buy shoes, then wear them back to avoid taxes - I was reading about it on Reddit a few months ago.

We already have Kraft mac and cheese, better beer and even All Dressed chips, you're losing your bargaining power. And your bacon? That's just ham.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
heh, are you my brother?

The wife looks at me strange when I do that. ****, why have to wash extra dishes? Tastes better right out of the pot. Especially camping around a fire.

:laugh:

This is exactly it!!! I don't know why, but it does taste better right out of the pot than from a bowl. It's science-lol. No extra dishes is the bonus; sometimes I'll use the wooden spoon I used to mix it with to shovel it in my mouth.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I guess there really is a big issue with Canadians coming here to buy shoes, then wear them back to avoid taxes - I was reading about it on Reddit a few months ago.

We already have Kraft mac and cheese, better beer and even All Dressed chips, you're losing your bargaining power. And your bacon? That's just ham.

Mac n Cheese with fried back bacon, side of baked beans, and fried green tomatoes. Now you're talking. Might be the Brit lineage of us fine pudding race up here. ;)

No joke but first time I went to Britain and experienced B & B breakfasts I was like "holy f***" you guys got this owned. Oh, then they throw some kippers on there too or some smoked fish.

Never had to eat lunch in Britain.

ps I love that this discussion is on the menu instead of discussing spoiled Oilers hams.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

This is exactly it!!! I don't know why, but it does taste better right out of the pot than from a bowl. It's science-lol. No extra dishes is the bonus; sometimes I'll use the wooden spoon I used to mix it with to shovel it in my mouth.

One time I was either fairly drunk or fairly hungover, and instead of milk I just dumped in a can of creamy potato soup to the noodles and cheese and let it simmer a bit, added some Tabasco.... and it was amazing. Same consistency as regular mac and cheese, just with big chunks of potato.

Not sure if it made it to a bowl.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

The wooden spoon finely cured in past batches of mac an Cheese, chilis, and any pot dish ever made gives it that fragrant blend of spice and hint of aroma that is a true must for the fine connoisseur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad