GDT: #46 | Sabres @ Oilers | Jan 14, 7:00 PM | TV: SN-W

Does ketchup belong in mac 'n' cheese?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
This is the game he gets fired...this has replaced the "Lucic will score tonight."
Wasn't there a point last season where Katz was furious and wanted both Chia and McLellan gone? Wonder why they're giving Chia so much rope now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wasn't there a point last season where Katz was furious and wanted both Chia and McLellan gone? Wonder why they're giving Chia so much rope now.

He wanted McLellan gone is what my understanding is. Chiarelli wisely opted not to fire Todd so he could keep the blame off himself for as long as possible.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
>>Someone told me that ketchup goes in mac 'n' cheese. Is such a disease curable? And yes, you may be wondering how that is related to the game. Lucic is the ketchup and is ruining a scrumptious meal, McDavid. Not convinced? Both McDavid and mac 'n' cheese have the same "Mc" sound. Almost.<<

Yes always. Ketchup goes on everything.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
2e0d0cfe-bdea-48f7-ba79-7f97fe5148b7.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm looking at the pictures of players in OP and wondering if brylcreem has come back on the market after a 40yr hiatus. Strangest hairstyles. Would not look out of place post WWII

Whats with all the greaser haircuts?

So glad this sort of stuff skipped my generation.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
NOT HOCKEY but the interview really hits home in my opinion for the Oilers.

Love Kyrie, incredible talent and incredible leader.

Not sure if it's the same thing that plagues the Oilers thought, the Celtics are far more talented in comparison. I think it's more so the lack of talent/depth than preparation and experience.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
*I'll be busy tomorrow, so I'm putting this up now as "Pre-Game Talk", and will later change to "GDT". If that's okay mods.*

:edmontonIt's the Edmonton Oilers

i
i

i
i

V.S

:sabresThe Buffalo Sabres
4741.vresize.350.425.medium.19.png
5872.vresize.350.425.medium.52.png

4389.vresize.350.425.medium.87.png
3582.vresize.350.425.medium.25.png

Keys to the game:

1. Average draft position of the 4 guys from each team mentioned above are as follows:

Oilers: (1,1,3,4) = 2.25

Sabres: (1,2,2,8) = 3.25

So the Oilers core is more highly touted, more skilled, therefore meaning we will win.

2. On December 8th, the Sabres lost 6-2 against the Flyers. On December 15, the Oilers beat the Flyers 4-1. That means that we are 7 goals better, and will win 7-0!

3. The word "stats" is spelled the same way backwards. "Milan Lucic" is not. I don't know what that means yet, but it is significant. Maybe it proves that Lucic is slow, since "Lucic" is not spelled the same way backwards and "racecar" is?

4. Apparently the Oilers skills competition is today. People who paid to attend are definitely going to get their money's worth. They'll be there all day watching our forwards try to hit the targets.

5. Someone told me that ketchup goes in mac 'n' cheese. Is such a disease curable? And yes, you may be wondering how that is related to the game. Lucic is the ketchup and is ruining a scrumptious meal, McDavid. Not convinced? Both McDavid and mac 'n' cheese have the same "Mc" sound. Almost.

GOilers!!! We are still making the playoffs. Don't think so? Well then GTFO!!!
I think you're onto something with #3. Can't be coincidence.

Thx as always. Had a good laugh reading that :laugh:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Another game so soon for team disappointment. Yech, can't get the stench off the recent losses.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm looking at the pictures of players in OP and wondering if brylcreem has come back on the market after a 40yr hiatus. Strangest hairstyles. Would not look out of place post WWII

Whats with all the greaser haircuts?

So glad this sort of stuff skipped my generation.
I’m imagining you are a mullet, moustache, and denim kind of man. Much respect to you sir!

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
5-2, Skinner with hatty, bye bye playoffs. I bet the oiler fans have gained Blood pressure, stress level all time high and aged in last decade. enough is enough but we still watch and support our team eh. its like quit smoking, does it ever works? The team has already quit on oilers, but fans still stick around

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Oil to grind out a win, but this is going to be a very difficult game. Buffalo has won 5 straight against us, won last 2 visits to Edmonton with a 5-0 and 6-2 score, and their best record is against the pacific division at 9-2-1.
But the Sabres are also 1-8 in their last 9 road games. And the Oilers have rotated a win/loss record for the past 7 games, if the trend continues it's a W tonight.

The last time we beat Buffalo was a 2-1 OT win March 1 2016. McDavid dominated that game on both sides of the rink and Talbot was lights out, they'll need to do it again to beat them tonight

4-3OT Edm

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad