GDT: #46| FLYERS at Sabres | Sat., Jan. 17, 2015| 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Here is how Philly.com reported the trade following when it happened:

The Flyers gained some long-term salary flexibility. Hartnell has five years remaining on his contract with a salary-cap hit of $4.75 million per season. Umberger has three years left with a $4.6 million cap hit per season.

"That was one of the things we certainly factored in," said Hextall, who said the Flyers would not pay a portion of Hartnell's salary.

Hartnell will earn $22.5 million over the next five years, while Umberger will be paid $13.5 million over the next three years.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...rth-round_draft_pick.html#d4g86FXsRoTJ0JmR.99

-----------

NJ.com:

This deal won't improve the Flyers' current salary cap situation much – they’ll save just $150,000 next season - but it will in years to come, as Hartnell has five years remaining on a six-year, $28.5-million contract that has a $4.75 million cap hit compared to Umberger having three seasons to go on a five-year, $23-million contract that has a $4.6 million cap hit.

"Cap flexibility moving forward was part of the thought process here," Hextall said. "That is attractive to us. When you look three years down the road, looking ahead we've got guys who are going to be up (contract wise), including some of our young players, so that was part of the thought process."

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/...d_to_columbus_for_rj_umberger_draft_pick.html

--------------------
NBC:

The Flyers are losing a forward that brings a blend of skill and grit to the table in the 32-year-old Hartnell, but they’re also putting themselves in a bit of a better position from a cap perspective. Hartnell comes with a $4.75 million cap hit through 2018-19 while Umberger’s five-year, $23 million contract will be over in the summer of 2017.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...l-to-columbus-for-umberger-fourth-round-pick/

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Streit have a foot fetish? He seemed to be more interested in playing in Zepps feet on that goal then tying up the player in front of the net....

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I hear what you're saying but this is pretty egregious. The guy works hard, however low his skill level is.

I work hard at my job, I shouldn't be an NHL player. For that matter, most NHL players work hard.

I get what you're saying, but there's no real point in defending Zac. He shouldn't be on this team and it's been that way for most of his career really. It used to be more arguable that he was barely an NHL player, but it's obvious he isn't one in any shape or form right now.

He also might work hard, but going by his play throughout his career and some of the things I've heard him say in interviews he doesn't try to change his thinking.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If Rinaldo were on the 4th line playing an appropriate amount of time then there wouldn't be as big of a problem, but that's not the case because our idiot coach overvalues both Rinaldo and keeping the 4th line together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad