Post-Game Talk: #46 | Avalanche at Flyers | January 20, 2024 | Flyers lose 7-4

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
il_fullxfull.5252006579_6nle.jpg

There's a guy who looks exactly like that called Randy or Andy or some shit, and he hosts the early morning Sportscenter. I am being encircled and besieged by gingers, and I don't like it.

pooch

May 30, 2017
He seems fine. But I'm convinced that most fans now think that the Flyers won the Giroux trade because Tippett has some highlight reel goals.
I like Tippett a lot. Aside from the ginger thing, he’s a fun player. He’s flawed for sure, but he’s still fun.

Why do you care what most fans think about the G trade? I don’t know if they won the trade, but they did pretty damn well with it. I know it’s hard to give Fletcher any credit because he’s a bad person and an even worse GM, but he did fine with the G trade. The problem is most all of the other moves he made around that one, but we don’t need to go there again.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He seems fine. But I'm convinced that most fans now think that the Flyers won the Giroux trade because Tippett has some highlight reel goals.
If the Flyers didn’t win the G trade, who did?

The team that gave up the NHL’s 2nd leading goal scorer under age 25 (Tippett), a 1st rd pick, & a 3rd rd pick (Denver Barkey) for 18 regular season & 10 playoff games of Claude Giroux?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We won the G trade b/c we got Tippett, Barkey and whomever we draft this summer.

Basically, McKinnon took over this game, he's peaking at 28, he didn't become a top player until he was 22, and took it up another notch at 26. So even top players take time to develop.

Makar saved the Avs in the 1st period, 5 blocks and stopped a couple goals - yes, top offensive players CAN play defense. Most don't, but not b/c it interferes with their offense . . .

Flyers are not going to land a couple players like that, though they may have one in Michkov, you not only need to tank but get really lucky (or you end up with Kakko and Lafreniere or even worse, Patrick and JVR). But with better goalie play and a bit more depth (a solid 3C would do wonders in terms of matching up, as would a top 4th line), they would have a shot in the playoffs.

Sanheim is not a first pair D-man, he is what he is, a #3 or so who's getting paid full value. He's got lenghth and speed, but Drysdale has more upside offensively, Drysdale has this quick wrist shot and really good lateral agility to go with his speed.

The guy being underestimated right now is Risto, he played a great game and needs to get more TOI. As he's become more comfortable with his defensive responsibilities, he's becoming more aggressive on offense.

xGF 56.90%, xGFrel +8.10 - at this point, and the eyeball agree, it's no longer a SSS fluke.

Need to move him into the top 4 and challenge him against better competition, but he also is helping Zamula develop, so there is a trade off.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I like Tippett a lot. Aside from the ginger thing, he’s a fun player. He’s flawed for sure, but he’s still fun.

Why do you care what most fans think about the G trade? I don’t know if they won the trade, but they did pretty damn well with it. I know it’s hard to give Fletcher any credit because he’s a bad person and an even worse GM, but he did fine with the G trade. The problem is most all of the other moves he made around that one, but we don’t need to go there again.
I think they already forget or maybe never knew how good Giroux was/is.

How can you give Fletcher any credit? It's entirely his fault that Giroux was traded.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
i watched the game. This is Torts hockey now? I dont know seems unlikely they will play such a offensive hockey the next weeks. Just wait for Torts to stop this!

I was entertained by Frost and Sanheim. Nothing new!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad