Post-Game Talk: #45 | Maple Leafs 2 at FLYERS 3 (OT) | Thu., Jan. 18, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
do you even read the **** you spew? you go from saying laughton isn't a huge upgrade over flip because all he's really better at is forechecking and then the very next paragraph say how raffl is a great example of why forechecking is key to making a difference without skill. you literally have progressed from day by day contradictions to post by post contradictions to now sentence by sentence contradictions. More proof haktardation is a real brain disease.

Not to mention Nuevy made a could breakaway saves last night not to mention the 2 on 1's

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
All screw ups aren't created equal. I can swallow Voracek f***ing up because he's going to have 70 Assists and probably 80 pts.

If Weise does the same, he will provide little to nothing.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And Hagg also timed a pass to a wide open shooter on a PP play and blocked it, saving a goal.
Ghost should make more plays than Hagg or Manning, he's a better player.
But if you're gonna point out Manning's screwups, be honest and point out when Ghost screws up.
Like when I said, "Ghost obviously ****ed up. Hell, we all heard him scream it when it happened"

Or in the GDT when I said "Ghost made 1 mistake but had a great game"?

Or when I said "Patrick...can't do that pass" when he had a cross ice pass in our end that almost got kept in at the blueline?

I have no issue calling out any of our players when they make mistakes. Everyone makes them. But some make them way more and RARELY make up for it on the offensive side.

Oh...and the irony of you calling out anyone about making honest comment's....laughable.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I was just checking your page because of Lindros - saw a couple of you guys talking about Couturier.

I'm thrilled Couturier has taken that next step. He'd be a great Selke winner and it's definitely a two-horse race in my opinion. (towards your Kopitar mention - agreed - it's like the year Kesler won it while Maholtra was doing all the heavy lifting)
Voting wise - ? I'd think you guys have to make the playoffs (which I hope you do) for him to win. When Kopitar won - I think a lot came down to Bruins missing the playoffs 2 straight years. With Boston climbing the standings lately they're getting noticed and more people are talking about Bergeron's line - so he's going to get hyped up more than he already does. I'll definitely be watching to see how it plays out over the next two months.

Good luck to you guys. Really hope you make the playoffs - and if you miss - I hope you or Anaheim win the lottery and get Dahlin. y'know - teams that try to be competitive every year. Sick of these tank teams.

hPDZFOh.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
After the ceremony I couldn't get a feed on my Xbox or PS4 to run properly so I gave up. That's why they won.

Way to be a team player ... umm, unintentionally.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything :rolleyes: but, after seeing much of the ceremony (and I was taping the game anyway), I only later tuned in about 2 minutes before the 2 Toronto goals. I turned it off and sulked ... I mean, had an entirely reasonable, adult, serious, reflective period of why it wasn't a good reason to throw the remote through the wall.

Then I checked the score on the TSN NHL ticker online, and saw they were tied with about 30 seconds left. Turned on the TV and watched the time run out. I was waiting for OT to start and said to myself, "What are you doing?? If you watch this, they'll lose." So I turned it off, noticed the win about 3 minutes later online and happily watched the recording.

You're all welcome.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like when I said, "Ghost obviously ****ed up. Hell, we all heard him scream it when it happened"

Or in the GDT when I said "Ghost made 1 mistake but had a great game"?

Or when I said "Patrick...can't do that pass" when he had a cross ice pass in our end that almost got kept in at the blueline?

I have no issue calling out any of our players when they make mistakes. Everyone makes them. But some make them way more and RARELY make up for it on the offensive side.

Oh...and the irony of you calling out anyone about making honest comment's....laughable.
Yep.

And this was my post when it happened... which is also exactly what I did (but with a few curse words tossed in)... :laugh:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/140360137/

It's not like we can't admit when someone good screws up, but expecting the same kind of reactions as when a garbage player screws up is ridiculous.

If someone punches me in the face and simultaneously gives me a check for $10 million dollars my reaction will be pretty damn different than if someone only punches me in the face. Both hurt, but one is far more tolerable because there's a ton more good than bad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost had a good game, except for the uh, mistake that led to the first goal.

See, I noted that Ghost played well.
I grade him on a tougher scale (Provorov as well) than Hagg or Manning, because they're better players.
I don't expect my 3rd pair D-men to play great.
And I don't really care about MacDonald at all.

With Sanheim, I don't want him to "replace" Manning or MacDonald, I want him to be clearly superior (this season he hasn't been, Corsi be damned, an offensive defenseman has to produce some offense, 1-4 5 in 35 games is more than "bad luck.").

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I can literally only think of one. It was a neutral zone turnover early in the season that led to a goal on the transition. It might have actually been that crazy Predators game.
Had one in the LA game 2nd game of the year. Trevor Lewis scored.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I watched the whole game minus the last 2 of the 2nd.

Lethera had 1 good shift. Can we get an explanation on how we have no one else playing over him?! I mean Weise is better then him. Not to mention the options of Martel and Lindbolm. Or even MV or Voro and moving flip to wing. The guy is awful. Dare I say give me VDV over him...

AND WHY IS SANHIEM STILL IN THE PRESSBOX?!??!!!? Send him down or play him. This is not good for his development

Reactions: Rebels57

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Way to be a team player ... umm, unintentionally.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything :rolleyes: but, after seeing much of the ceremony (and I was taping the game anyway), I only later tuned in about 2 minutes before the 2 Toronto goals. I turned it off and sulked ... I mean, had an entirely reasonable, adult, serious, reflective period of why it wasn't a good reason to throw the remote through the wall.

Then I checked the score on the TSN NHL ticker online, and saw they were tied with about 30 seconds left. Turned on the TV and watched the time run out. I was waiting for OT to start and said to myself, "What are you doing?? If you watch this, they'll lose." So I turned it off, noticed the win about 3 minutes later online and happily watched the recording.

You're all welcome.

I didn't even check for a comeback and kept playing Batman: Arkham City because aside from The Dark Knight Rises, Batman rarely breaks my heart.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Player being in a good position and making a right decision, just execution lacked. Please someone explain to me how is that a mistake!?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Play Arkham Knight and then reassess.

:laugh: I never thought adding the Batmobile would be a BAD thing, but it was. Plus the identity of the Arkham Knight was the most obvious person they could have chosen. I still was able to play through it twice though, so still not the soul-crushing disappointment of TDKR for me.

Sorry for the derail!

Reactions: Magua

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh: I never thought adding the Batmobile would be a BAD thing, but it was. Plus the identity of the Arkham Knight was the most obvious person they could have chosen. I still was able to play through it twice though, so still not the soul-crushing disappointment of TDKR for me.

Sorry for the derail!

I still enjoyed Arkham Knight, even with the over-reliance on the Batmobile.

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad