GDT: #45 FLYERS 2 at Devils 3, Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Id trade Jake in the right deal, but not for picks only.
I guess it depends. You could trade Voracek for picks and use those picks in another trade. Maybe if the Blues decide to go into rebuild mode. Trade Voracek to a contender and use the picks to get Tarasenko? Probably not very realistic lol.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The odds of the Flyers getting any real noteworthy value for Voracek isn’t high. His contract is too big. While they very well might pick in the top ten this year odds are they won’t again next season unless you ship out Giroux as well & commit to a complete tear down & hedge on accumulating high picks for the short term like Toronto did years ago.

Otherwise you’re likely just going to end up like Buffalo who sold off ROR for basically nothing that will come close to the player he is now or down the line. I much rather have ROR on that team right now than Thompson, Sobotka, & that 2020 first rounder. They were even luckily bailed out with Berglund walking away from that contract.

This.

We would either get a package of meh or we would have to bring back another huge contract looking for change of scenery (or a big cap dump).

Just keep Jake and leave him exposed in expansion draft in 2021.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I guess it depends. You could trade Voracek for picks and use those picks in another trade. Maybe if the Blues decide to go into rebuild mode. Trade Voracek to a contender and use the picks to get Tarasenko? Probably not very realistic lol.

Better chance of a deal around Jake and Tarasenko. Maybe a pick swap involved to balance it out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Voracek's already on the decline. They aren't going to be better next season just because they keep him.

Theyll be worse by not having him for sure. Hes not declining. Hes just having a bad season, like most of the team.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I think fans would be surprised how much we would miss V. He's one of the only players we have to execute a rush with possession.

I'm still intrigued with a Tarasenko swap though. That could be sexy.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
voracek like ror has tallent, but i think buffalo is better this year than when they had him last year and, the blues are worse this year with him than they were without him last year.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
voracek like ror has tallent, but i think buffalo is better this year than when they had him last year and, the blues are worse this year with him than they were without him last year.
ROR has to be bad luck. He's such a versatile player. Every team wants that type of player.

Or maybe he's just a locker room cancer lol.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Everyone wants to trade Voracek because he "sucks" but thinks he'll get a great return from another team. Does that mean he sucks or is he good? Is the other team going to trade their great player for our sucky player or are the flyers getting a shitty player for their shitty player?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Everyone wants to trade Voracek because he "sucks" but thinks he'll get a great return from another team. Does that mean he sucks or is he good? Is the other team going to trade their great player for our sucky player or are the flyers getting a ****ty player for their ****ty player?

I don't think he sucks. I think he has the ability to be very good. I don't know that he fits here anymore. He didn't fit with Hakstol as a playmaker since Hakstol abandoned the high quality scoring areas. He doesn't fit with Gordon in large part because the uptick in dumping gets in the way of his strengths on possession; additionally, he's still looking to play a Hakstolian perimeter game more than the other top flight forwards, and I don't like that slowness to adapt.

I expect him to do well if he is traded, especially since it'll be a kick in the pants. I expect him to get a good return that benefits us, too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't expect Jake to get traded at all. He has 5 years at $8+ left on his deal. That's difficult to move in a good hockey trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad