Post-Game Talk: #45| Canucks at FLYERS | Thu., Jan. 15, 2015

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If you want a good draft pick keep berube. If you want to get further into no man's land, fire him. We want that draft pick. Or this could be the 3 Mad elves speaking.....

MadFerIt95*

Why is Mark Streit such **** at keeping the puck in on the PP? I mean youd think that would be a strength of his considering his play style but he is total **** at it and it pisses me off maybe more than anything else. I mean if it were Coburn, Schultz, or Schenn Id get over it but why the hell does Streit suck at it so much?

MadFerIt95*

Awful game all around. I know that this team isnt talented enough, but tonight the effort was atrocious. It seemed like everyone was only half focused on this game because they couldnt handle passes for ****

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I dont mind Hextall because he at least got out of the organization and was part of an organization that won a cup.

Potential coaching candidates?

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Emery was the known starter tonight, no one should have expected to be in the game let alone win it. Not that many probably were.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Do people honestly believe berube will be here next year?
To keep him they would need to extend him, right? So technically they don't even have to fire him.
I would really lose a lot of hope if Hextall gives Berube a new contract.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
I dont mind Hextall because he at least got out of the organization and was part of an organization that won a cup.

Potential coaching candidates?

That you don't mind b/c they left the org. for a while?

Peter Laviolette, Ken Hitchcock, Terry Murray, Paul Holmgren, Dave Tippett, Craig Berube....

Wait, they have to win a cup too? I guess the list is a little shorter. A little.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Do people honestly believe berube will be here next year?

I believe those people close to the organization are still high on Berube, at least sort of.

The fanbase have already collectively checked out on him a month ago.

Anyway, by the end of the season it should be a no-brainer for Hextall to look for better Coaches.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
We dont need a fresh perspective we need a better team

Lavi was a "fresh perspective"; essentially he was not able to play his ideas out because of the personal assembled by a GM and pronger's career ending injury.
The root/cause was GM and some unexpected circumstances. Hopefully, the former is in better hands now.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I haven't watched the game but it looks like Emery is done if an AHL Journeyman is out playing him?

Pretty much.

We aren't the only team with a bad backup, though. Dallas, Tampa, Washington and the Islanders all have backups having even worse seasons than Emery.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lavi was a "fresh perspective"; essentially he was not able to play his ideas out because of the personal assembled by a GM and pronger's career ending injury.
The root/cause was GM and some unexpected circumstances. Hopefully, the former is in better hands now.

Ultimately, this is true but Lavy needs the right set of circumstances to succeed like he is doing in Nashville. I'd rather have a more versatile coach...like a Babcock. Having said this Holmgren absolutely didn't help Lavi's situation especially that season where he couldn't get Parise, Suter or Weber and had no real fallback plan. It caused Carle and Jagr to split and I don't care what anybody says...losing the two of them contributed to them missing the playoffs that year and then everything else followed especially the part where Holmgren constituted the D to be more defensive to protect that lazy slob Bryzgalov in net....we lost JVR and Bob. Just a series of missteps after the Richards and Carter trades.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not convinced that Berube and Hextall aren't actually trying to tank. That's the only justification for some of these coaching decisions the last half a dozen or so games.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That was a brutal game last night. They just looked bad the first two periods. The third they played well but yeesh. Ugly night all around. Zepp seems to be playing himself into that backup role for next year though. Maybe a 1-year deal, then Stolie comes up after that and backs up Mason in the last year of his deal, then the torch is passed to Stolie?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not convinced that Berube and Hextall aren't actually trying to tank. That's the only justification for some of these coaching decisions the last half a dozen or so games.

I'm 100% convinced that Berube is truly this stupid.

I'm also 95% sure that Hextall Is letting Berube stay because he's getting us a better pick. I have faith that he knows Berube is an idiot.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That was a brutal game last night. They just looked bad the first two periods. The third they played well but yeesh. Ugly night all around. Zepp seems to be playing himself into that backup role for next year though. Maybe a 1-year deal, then Stolie comes up after that and backs up Mason in the last year of his deal, then the torch is passed to Stolie?

Mason is 26 years old. Why would we be planning to pass the torch to Stolarz in 3 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00