GDT: [#44] Red Wings @ Stars, 6:30 CT (BSSW+, NBCSN) - Nuke the tank

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The goalies look pretty sick in the retros. The skaters look terrible.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Was thinking after Gurianov's shootout goal when was the last time a stars player deked a goalie out in the shootout, its always just come down shoot, maybe score, probably not score

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Also, isn't it pronounced Heintz, like the ketchup?

The league really should just pay someone to record that info.. you know, instead of butchering names of millionaires multiple years in. Seems silly

At least we can assume it's pronounced Rah-bert-suhn.

Eh, I it would be extremely hard for NA broadcasters to pronounce some European names correctly even if they got help. As a Swede I'm used to almost every Swedish name being completely butchered on every English broadcast, and that is fine. Hell, most players just go with their anglosized name when talking English to make it easier for the English-speaking audience.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Also, isn't it pronounced Heintz, like the ketchup?

The league really should just pay someone to record that info.. you know, instead of butchering names of millionaires multiple years in. Seems silly

At least we can assume it's pronounced Rah-bert-suhn.

The ’i’ in Hintz is very short and hard (winkwink). Not so much as smooth and flowing as Heinz.

more like the word ‘Hint’+Z

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Is it weird that a SO win over Detroit feels like a massive accomplishment for this team at this point in the season? Maybe we can get an OT win in the next 3 games... now I'm just being greedy.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I went to AAC for the third time this season, and they notched their third W, albeit, they are a bit less convincing each time, from opening night blowout of NSH, to an ice win over TB, to a SO win over a hapless Detroit team that managed to out play us in the third, but we held the lead tie, as a defensive oriented team is supposed to do. And, when we did outplay them, numerous passes through the crease didn't connect and result in goals, and many times, not even scoring ops.

"Good hands" Jamie seemed to have disappeared again, back to "Bobble Hands Benn."

But, a W is a W, and as I see on another thread, Stars are now projected as the most likely to take 4th in the Central. That said, they do need to win their games to do so.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
It's easy to look at Detroit's record and feel like not beating them handily is a failure but look at their record this month. They have beaten better teams than the Stars. They may be a bad team but it seems like they are playing their best hockey of the year. Hopefully this narrow victory helps the Stars take the Wings seriously over these next three games and they don't play like they expect six easy points.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Sat next to a couple of Wings fans last night, and they said the same. I told them the Stars have a habit of playing down to the competition, and it was very possible that we could take them for granted and lose.

Maybe it was because I had just read that Athletic article about how the Stars are trying to play low event hockey due to COVID related lack of energy, but I really did think the Stars looked like they were trying to slow down the game to a crawl, although they did have many nice chances. Overall, it looked like a slow game, although with only three live games this year, well spaced, my eyes might have been fooled.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There's a clear difference in effort and engagement when going from Columbus to Detroit. The Wings may not be very good, but they certainly are still skating hard and trying to win.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad