GDT: #44|Jets @ Penguins|1/5/2014, 1:00 PM|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
WELCOME BACK GENO! Today's #Pens lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Gibbons, Jokinen-Malkin-Neal, Pyatt-Sutter-Vitale, Glass-Sill-Adams.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
If the plan is Despres supplies the physicality for our defense in the playoffs, we will lose.

He's not a soft player by any stretch but he's more of a troll when it comes to that stuff. He's not heavy duty as much as we all like him. Bort has to be on the bottom pairing in the playoffs.

1: I would prefer to have Despres-Bortuzzo as our third pairing. I am on record wanting it last season also.

2: Despres is better than Bortuzzo, and not by a little bit, irrespective of the pairing he is on.

3: Unless we deal someone, Bortuzzo is unlikely to be one of our best 6 defenders.... with Orpik having to step up to playoff mode to make it so, IMO.

4: I think we should deal someone, more specifically one or two of the UFA's to be, because like you I feel very comfortable with Borts as the 6th D-man, and it is obviously a waste having that many extra quality D-men, and holes of the forward lines in the best of cases.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Today's #Pens D: Orpik-Engelland, Scuderi-Letang <--- it's official!, Maatta-Niskanen. Fleury in net.

Despres benched!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
seriously ruins my enjoyment of the game. i hate Bylsma. Shoot Engelland into space

Acquizitor*

nice! I live in Europe and its rare to have NHL games at this hour, what makes it especially nice is that the Pens have Geno and Letang back, lets go Pens!!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So Despres goes from playing probably one of his best games to being benched, and Engelland goes from playing forward to being in our top 4 again?

Nice. Never change Dan.

bylsma-smile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad