GDT: #44|Jets @ Penguins|1/5/2014, 1:00 PM|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
sounds like Geno AND Tanger are back today? Well pinch my bottom and call me Sally.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Do you watch Despres? He's not as mean as Bortuzzo, but the dude is a house out there. They are the best two d-men we have in front of the net or on the boards. And despite Bortuzzo playing more aggressive physically as far as big hits and agitating go, Despres has about 20 pounds on him and he uses it very well on the boards and around the net. Put them in a battle for position and my money is going on Despres coming out on top.

When Despres and Bortuzzo are paired together it seems like they feed off of each other. So much fun to watch.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Is it wrong that I want Glass to break his hand again? I mean, I know it's wrong, but how wrong are we talking here? I just want him out of the lineup and being benched or waived is not going to happen, outside of a trillion to one quantum fluctuation in Bylsma's brain circuits.

I won't say the same thing about Adam's because he cannot be hurt and even the quantum world is not strange enough to form the thought of sitting him for even one game.

Its always wrong to root for players to be hurt... even the ones that turn your lineup into sludge... Now rooting for suspensions is more of a grey area.....

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Despres doesn't lose puck battles. He's an ox. I would like to see him throw his weight around more, but even if he doesn't, with how strong he is in the corners, on the boards, and in front of the net, it isn't a huge issue. Once he locks on to a guys stick, the guy is done for. I love it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Despres doesn't lose puck battles. He's an ox. I would like to see him throw his weight around more, but even if he doesn't, with how strong he is in the corners, on the boards, and in front of the net, it isn't a huge issue. Once he locks on to a guys stick, the guy is done for. I love it.

Let the Big Horse graze

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is it wrong that I want Glass to break his hand again? I mean, I know it's wrong, but how wrong are we talking here? I just want him out of the lineup and being benched or waived is not going to happen, outside of a trillion to one quantum fluctuation in Bylsma's brain circuits. I won't say the same thing about Adam's because he cannot be hurt and even the quantum world is not strange enough to form the thought of sitting him for even one game.

Yes, it's wrong.

Let me tell you why:

The Pens went 4+ weeks without him for the first broken hand and they did fine. BETTER than fine. The 4th-line improved.

AS SOON AS HE WAS HEALTHY, his roster spot was guaranteed.

It's wrong to hope for injuries, but even if Glass gets injured, it doesn't change a ****ing thing.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yes, it's wrong.

Let me tell you why:

The Pens went 4+ weeks without him for the first broken hand and they did fine. BETTER than fine. The 4th-line improved.

AS SOON AS HE WAS HEALTHY, his roster spot was guaranteed.

It's wrong to hope for injuries, but even if Glass gets injured, it doesn't change a ****ing thing.

Torn ACL?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
We're going to use the top 4 most of the time in the playoffs. Why not roll Maatta/Despres? Whatever we can get for Nisky, pull the trigger. If we need more than that at forward, address it at the deadline. We're gonna give Beau a shot with Sid either way.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Yes, and yes. I hope you feel sorry.

:rant:

If the plan is Despres supplies the physicality for our defense in the playoffs, we will lose.

He's not a soft player by any stretch but he's more of a troll when it comes to that stuff. He's not heavy duty as much as we all like him. Bort has to be on the bottom pairing in the playoffs.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
so you're saying trade Orpik AND Nisky so we can see

Scuds - Letang
Maatta - Martin
Despres - Bortuzzo

I like it.

i-like-it-a-lot-jim-carrey-in-dumb-and-dumber-gif.gif

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If the plan is Despres supplies the physicality for our defense in the playoffs, we will lose.

He's not a soft player by any stretch but he's more of a troll when it comes to that stuff. He's not heavy duty as much as we all like him. Bort has to be on the bottom pairing in the playoffs.

I completely disagree.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Despres is a better hockey player than Bortuzzo. And its not really close. Bortuzzo's physicality isn't enough to make up the difference.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

Bortuzzo doesn't replace Despres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad