Post-Game Talk: #44| FLYERS at Capitals | Wed., Jan. 14, 2015|

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Um, I don't ever recall that. First, simmonds is a winger- its the responsibility of 1) the d-men 2) center to protect down low, not the wingers job at all.

I'm talking about between the whistle's. Simmonds used to go nuts during scrambles around our the net (as well the opposing teams net). He plays with no bark & no bite this year, guy turned soft.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The new coach will sort that out after the season. No sense in trying to work on it now. There are going to be personnel changes as well. So, the 'working on things' and the 'sticking together' will not commence until the two aforementioned happen.
You're right. They shouldn't at all try and work on improving their games until a new coach is named. Oh and give up on the whole team mentality as well.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm talking about between the whistle's. Simmonds used to go nuts during scrambles around our the net (as well the opposing teams net). He plays with no bark & no bite this year, guy turned soft.

Yeah he looked pretty soft going after Bieksa as soon as he hit him.

Simmonds is the furthest thing on this team from soft. That line just isn't getting enough pucks to the net for Simmer to be able to wreak havoc in the crease. Also, Berube has neutered their toughness because of our terrible PK, which ironically was a lot better last year when we took a lot more penalties. Go figure.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2015/01/18/flyers-notes-team-open-trades-interested-tanking-mcdavid-eichel/21947063/

•Empty netters: Michael Raffl was moved to center with Scott Laughton out with an “upper-body injury†believed to be a concussion.

Jason Akeson was recalled from Lehigh Valley and had to be driven to Buffalo in case Matt Read was too sick to go since Akeson’s flight was full. When he arrived, he was a healthy scratch.

Don't know if already posted but ... :rant:. I guess it's no problem because Berube "is ok" with the hit.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah he looked pretty soft going after Bieksa as soon as he hit him.

Simmonds is the furthest thing on this team from soft. That line just isn't getting enough pucks to the net for Simmer to be able to wreak havoc in the crease. Also, Berube has neutered their toughness because of our terrible PK, which ironically was a lot better last year when we took a lot more penalties. Go figure.

He lost the fight again. :laugh:

I'm blaming Berube more so than Simmonds for turning him soft as hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad