Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS 1 at Rangers 5 | Tue., Jan. 16, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I'd argue that Manning cost us the game.

We go up 1-0 and are playing decent.

He then either solely or partially costs us both the 1st and 3rd goals.

Inbetween was the terrible penalty by Filppula who decided to throw his first hit of the year on a player without the puck followed by a powerplay goal while MacDonald and Hagg were jerking each other off.

Back to Manning, how many dmen contribute to not 1, but 2 clear-cut breakaways against in 1 period? It doesn't happen often.

Notice the 4 bolded names are the usual suspects of suck.
Do to forwards bad plays as said by the commetators. Forwards cost the game the most with bad give aways and weak ass forchecks. Don't need shoulder pads playing that weak.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
How in gods name is Provorov being lumped into this talk?

The two goals he was on for were a 3 on 1 where he took away the pass and the shooter scored and a Voracek turnover that led to a partial breakaway.

Good lord.

And before anyone jumps on Voracek because of his turnover. It was brutal. No doubt. The difference is...

For every 10 great plays, Voracek has one brain cramp
For every one great play, Manning has 10 brain cramps.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
So Voracek (bad turnover directly leading to a goal), Gudas (let man behind him for a breakaway), Provorov (out of position on two goals), Konecny (turnover machine), Elliott (not one big stop, shootouts hit 33% at best but he can't stop one breakaway?) are blameless?

It was a team effort, except you expect more from your stars.

No one is saying the rest of the team played well. We're saying that our top players are the only reason we win games at all, and when our top players have an off game, this is the result.

We cannot win when Giroux/Coots/Voracek/Ghost are kept off the scoreboard because manning/hagg/farmer/elliot are gifting the other team goals every. Single. Game. You ask why our top players didn't carry us to a win, but ignore the fact that scrubs cost us the first 3 goals of this game? Yes. The whole team played like garbage. But the trash players on the roster played worse, and directly affected the scoreboard, putting us down three goals.

G, Jake, and Ghost have combined for 152 points so far this season. Hagg, farmer, and manning have 22 points combined. Yes, players in both groups make mistakes, but which group do you think makes up for them?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
No one is saying the rest of the team played well. We're saying that our top players are the only reason we win games at all, and when our top players have an off game, this is the result.

We cannot win when Giroux/Coots/Voracek/Ghost are kept off the scoreboard because manning/hagg/farmer/elliot are gifting the other team goals every. Single. Game. You ask why our top players didn't carry us to a win, but ignore the fact that scrubs cost us the first 3 goals of this game? Yes. The whole team played like garbage. But the trash players on the roster played worse, and directly affected the scoreboard, putting us down three goals.

G, Jake, and Ghost have combined for 152 points so far this season. Hagg, farmer, and manning have 22 points combined. Yes, players in both groups make mistakes, but which group do you think makes up for them?

Your last paragraph should be stapled to the top of every post game thread.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I'd argue that Manning cost us the game.

We go up 1-0 and are playing decent.

He then either solely or partially costs us both the 1st and 3rd goals.

Inbetween was the terrible penalty by Filppula who decided to throw his first hit of the year on a player without the puck followed by a powerplay goal while MacDonald and Hagg were jerking each other off.

Back to Manning, how many dmen contribute to not 1, but 2 clear-cut breakaways against in 1 period? It doesn't happen often.

Notice the 4 bolded names are the usual suspects of suck.

How in eff's sake can Hextall watch these decisions and not feel dumbfounded? Brandon FREAKING Manning is, at best, a 7th man in a PINCH. He is not your go-to guy when you have promising Defensive prospects who are healthy and not playing. Also Hakstol's fascination with Lehtera is further proof this guy will always choose vanilla pudding. Sorry Philly isn't a hockey city that works with mediocre/play what you know/no risk/nothing special hockey. We want fire and we finally have some players who have real potential and we DON'T GET TO WATCH THEM we have to watch JURI FREAKING LEHTERA.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How in gods name is Provorov being lumped into this talk?

The two goals he was on for were a 3 on 1 where he took away the pass and the shooter scored and a Voracek turnover that led to a partial breakaway.

Good lord.

And before anyone jumps on Voracek because of his turnover. It was brutal. No doubt. The difference is...

For every 10 great plays, Voracek has one brain cramp
For every one great play, Manning has 10 brain cramps.

Because their style of arguing is to make up obvious lies and hope nobody thinks about what they said. The second you realize what was said you can see it fall apart.

I guess the hope is that someone skims through the thread and just agrees without thinking? Anyone paying attention to the games obviously won't....

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No, he just reminds me of myself when I played as a teenager. I was a RHD, 6’1, 210, and played a fairly physical game. I didn’t have the talent level of some of the other D, but I worked hard and was popular with my teammates. I got along well with everyone.

Guess I just see a little of myself from the old days in Manning. No, I didn’t pinch on a regular basis...strictly a defensive D-man.
Were you a shitty fighter too?
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad