Post-Game Talk: #44 | FLYERS 1 at Rangers 5 | Tue., Jan. 16, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers have pretty much been a garbage product going back to the early part of the decade now. I don’t really see that changing anytime soon either.

They’ve been stealing money off the fans for a while now. You not only see them not win as much as they lose but you also get some NyQuil induced entertainment value.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The Flyers have pretty much been a garbage product going back to the early part of the decade now. I don’t really see that changing anytime soon either. They’ve been stealing money off the fans for a while now. You not only see them not win as much as they lose but you also get some NyQuil induced entertainment value.
The Flyers are the perfect remedy for this brutal flu season no doubt. The wheel spinning is frustrating. I mean c'mon...the Vegas Golden Knights have iced a better team this season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers are the perfect remedy for this brutal flu season no doubt. The wheel spinning is frustrating. I mean c'mon...the Vegas Golden Knights have iced a better team this season.

Hextall wants his cake & wants to eat it too. He wants to rebuild but he wants to make the playoffs too. It could probably be done but the player evaluations by both him & Hakstol are so bad that they’re handcuffing the team. So we get no playoffs, a boring product, while seeing trash veterans take over spots that could go to younger players. Maybe they still don’t make the playoffs but it’s better than what’s currently going on. At least you could hang your hat on getting some young guys some playing time at the NHL level. Last year they could have done this but chased a long shot playoff opportunity all the way up the last few games when they were officially eliminated. Guys like VandeVelde played right up to the end & we didn’t even bring him back for this year.

Ultimately they can’t see that this team just isn’t very good & is being carried by a few players while having a good amount of deadweight that they actually think is good somehow. The only three forwards that score for us are Giroux, Voracek, & Couturier. All of them were kept off the scoresheet last night & unsurprisingly it wasn’t pretty.

Reactions: whitstifier

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Gostisbehere and Provorov had no goals against when they were on the ice together.

Provy was on the ice for three goals against. This happened in the three minutes and eight seconds he was sent out with Manning, or Hagg.

Hmmm.
Exposing him for what he truly is - that's what reliable players do.
Quantified with reliable stats - like +/-.
That's how that works, yeah?

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Such a frustrating game.

It was not like NYR played them off the rink, in fact it was pretty well balanced.

But horrendous mistakes and Elliott having an awful game combined with Hank being Hank made it ugly.
I'll curse the Rangers til the day I'm in the grave but I've got nothing but repsect for Lundqvist.

Besides his steez being on Swedish James Bond, he's been nothing but dominant since he showed up.

His career is basically equivalent to the last 25 years of Flyer goaltending put together.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I reffed a triple header of basketball last night and didn't get home until the game was over. From reading the comments, Manning was solely responsible for everything bad that happened. I will try to watch it sometime today and see what really happened...lol.

Reactions: sa cyred

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I reffed a triple header of basketball last night and didn't get home until the game was over. From reading the comments, Manning was solely responsible for everything bad that happened. I will try to watch it sometime today and see what really happened...lol.
Nah.

Hagg, MacDonald, and Elliott were equally as horrible. He had company.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder if Hakstol has as much trust issues with his wife as he does with half our roster?
I wonder if it's the other way around, actually...

I mean he comes home glowing about certain guys in this team, can't stop praising them, and then she walks past his home office and there's just hundreds of pictures of Hagg, Manning, MacDonald, and Filppula completely covering the walls.

She's probably worried he's going to leave her for one of them.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You should. It will show you why people hate Manning.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

You should prob not watch it,,, he was even bad with your standards. Don't taint your view of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad