Post-Game Talk: #43 - Three Stars - Panthers @ Rangers

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
I'm worried about tomorrow. Until Zucc scored that 3-1 goal it certainly didn't look good, and against a weak team like Florida. I'm still waiting for their A game, if it exists.

Yes....they do need to come out the bring it from drop pf the puck to final buzzer tomorrow vs Buffalo. To be fair though.....they did DOMINATE the first 10 Minutes of the 2nd period. Should of easily had 2 Goals (or more) the first few minutes of the 2nd. Until that Penalty call on Zucc.....they were making a HUGE push. But now tomorrow is the tell-tale of what this team is composed of. We shall see......

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Yes....they do need to come out the bring it from drop pf the puck to final buzzer tomorrow vs Buffalo. To be fair though.....they did DOMINATE the first 10 Minutes of the 2nd period. Should of easily had 2 Goals (or more) the first few minutes of the 2nd. Until that Penalty call on Zucc.....they were making a HUGE push. But now tomorrow is the tell-tale of what this team is composed of. We shall see......

Let's be honest.

The Rangers do not come out hard in the first period. So, cross your fingers and toes, and hope that the game is not over by the time the Rangers decide to join in.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When was the last time Richards had 20 votes that weren't sarcastic? His feet were moving tonight, that was certainly nice to see.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If tonight's game proved anything, it's how important those powerplay goals are. That 1st unit of Cally, Nash, Step, Brass, and Girardi :)cry:) looked good. Hopefully they click more often together

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If tonight's game proved anything, it's how important those powerplay goals are. That 1st unit of Cally, Nash, Step, Brass, and Girardi :)cry:) looked good. Hopefully they click more often together

The Panthers have the worst PK in the league, I wouldn't get your hopes up. :)

Though I would look to see that unit with Stralman in for Girardi.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Enjoyed the game. Good to see the team keep the pedal to the floor in the third. Moore was a beast tonight. Easily the best defenseman on the ice. Three points from Nash but I thought he played poorly on the defensive side. Couldn't pick just three, so I chose four. The King, Zucc, Brassard, and Moore.

Edit: forgot to mention Pyatt, who I actually noticed tonight. Didn't play badly at all.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Small sample size obviously but Brassard has impressed me so far. Moore too.

Beat Sabres tomorrow and that's them done.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It's almost as bad as the Torts lynch mob pretending that a 3-2 loss is entirely on the coach.

Or?

We have rebuilt for nine years to get where we are, and we have given Torts a chance to hand pick his dream roster.

I am disappointed with Torts because truth to be told we look really bad alot of the time and are seem to barely be able to even make the POs.

I know many loves Torts for his tough talk, but this is it basically. We don't have much of a future, and in 16 month our kids starts becoming UFAs and we will face tough times. This and next year was when we were supposed to contend.

This was what Torts where able to get out of 9 years. I atleast wants more.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Or?

We have rebuilt for nine years to get where we are, and we have given Torts a chance to hand pick his dream roster.

I am disappointed with Torts because truth to be told we look really bad alot of the time and are seem to barely be able to even make the POs.

I know many loves Torts for his tough talk, but this is it basically. We don't have much of a future, and in 16 month our kids starts becoming UFAs and we will face tough times. This and next year was when we were supposed to contend.

1. We never rebuilt. since the 1st lockout, we've failed to make playoffs once, and that was by a shootout.

2. Torts did practically hand pick his roster. Last year. He's gone on record saying he was not expecting such a tremendous turnover.

3. If you have Hank, you have a window. We'll retain the important RFAs and UFAs, I have no doubt.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Seriously.

"OMG Kreider is being misused!"

Looked like he played well and built up some confidence tonight. I wouldn't want him playing 4th line NHL minutes instead of 1st line AHL minutes every night, but it paid off tonight. Maybe he needs to be phased in to the NHL game.

I think Kreider has played all the games he needs to play to develop and then some this season. You don't need to play 82 games/season to develop. 40 would definitely be enough. 82 is played because that's the amount of tickets you can sell...

SwedishMafia

Aug 4, 2012
Wow guys! Just, WOW! My 2 fav. Rangers score doubles and I am just so happy. I was thinking about it at the draft deadline, right after the trade, but now I just have to... Brassard is really an asset. My next Rangers jersey (my brother is going to NY next month) will be a home jersey with #16.

Isn't it nice we have a talented guy who can actually skate, wearing no. 16 now? No more Avery memories when seeing no. 16

actually might benefit you to buy an old Avery jersey for dirt cheap and buy a letter/number set if you know how to sew (or know someone who does.) I bet you can easily make a 200 dollar jersey for about 60 bucks or less.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
“@WeBleedBlueNYC: per @Mike_Rappaport NYR are now 83-0-6 when leading after 2 periods going back to midway through the 2009-10 season”

The Rangers have the following record since the midpoint of 2009/2010:

After midpoint 2009/2010 (RS) 19 - 6 - 6
2009/2010 (PO) 0 - 0 - 0
2010/2011 (RS) 44 - 33 - 5
2010/2011 (PO) 1 - 4 - 0
2011/2012 (RS) 51 - 24 - 7
2011/2012 (PO) 10 - 10 - 0
2012/2013 (RS) 22 - 17 - 4

TOTAL 147 - 94 - 22

If one subtracts these (good stat I must admit) games which the Rangers have a lead going into the 3rd - one gets the record 64 - 94 - 16.

This statistic also says a lot IMO regarding Stoneage hockey - but in two words - "Score early or lose!"
Kinda like at the Icelandic party where everybody is are getting very drunk very fast...;)

Vickers8

2 points, outskated the first two periods, Hank kept us in, I thought John Moore had a very good game, great fight, broke up the 2 on 1 Eminger gave them, Brassard is a gifted player, Zucc provides the spark again...

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Or?

I think for the first time ever I agree with you. Last year, this year, and maybe next year was supposed to be our window and I feel disappointed that the result of our rebuild is a team that is barely making the 8th spot.

Unlike others, I wasn't impressed with the win last night. I think it was more of a case of the Panthers being that damn bad instead of us being that damn good.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Or?

LOL not much of a future really? You are all over the place. Amazing what a shortened season will do to people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad