Post-Game Talk: #43 - Three Stars - Panthers @ Rangers

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Didn't even notice Bjugstad to be honest.

I thought Huberdeau looked like a superstar at times, Petrovic was solid for his first game, and Howden was big and lanky, kind of reminded me of Anisimov a bit, but strong on his skates.

I think Bjugstad would have had a goal if Skille would've passed to him on the two on one in the first, right after we scored the first goal.

He was playing with guys that are barely NHL'ers on one of the worst NHL teams who have given up 21 goals in the last 4 games.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So. For all of those *****ing about the lines.

They looked pretty cohesive, didn't they? Almost like they looked goods. If we had lost, everyone would have blamed Torts, but we win and nobody will give him any credit.

We played the worst team in the NHL and they iced an AHL caliber defense. I am thrilled about the win. If they keep it up against Buffalo then I will agree with this statement.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Didn't even notice Bjugstad to be honest.

I thought Huberdeau looked like a superstar at times, Petrovic was solid for his first game, and Howden was big and lanky, kind of reminded me of Anisimov a bit, but strong on his skates.

I'm not as high on Bjugstad is some. I mentioned on the prospects board a few weeks ago that I spoke to a season ticket holder at the U and he didn't like him either. Said he never elevates his game when it matters.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'm not as high on Bjugstad is some. I mentioned on the prospects board a few weeks ago that I spoke to a season ticket holder at the U and he didn't like him either. Said he never elevates his game when it matters.

He was involved in alot of the Panther action, but come on, his linemates are Skille and Upshall. I pointed out the 2 on 1 and he registered 3 shots, most in a game for him so far. Brutal in the faceoff dot, but its one thing going from beating up on college centers to NHL caliber pivots.

Talking to a Cats fan, seems like he is concentrating on the two way game at the NHL level in this short stint with a 'young' team, as should be just coming out of College. I thought he wasn't shy with contact, good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad