GDT: #43|Flyers vs. Penguins|Thu, Apr. 15 - 2021|7:00 PM EST.|PPG|Welcome Back to PA, Mr. Kotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m anticipating a really fugly start to this one since we’re coming off three days rest and incorporating a new player and a new line....hopefully Jarry can start off on fire...I also expect the Flyers to be gunning for this one since they lost in embarrassing fashion to the Caps last game...we need to hold the fort early and get the early lead, which likely will dent the Flyers confidence....

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tonight.... let's punch it!

View attachment 422624

I'm still marveling at that save.

He went to the Van Damme school of Sudden Death

sudden-jean-dam_400.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We could possibly split the powerplay when fully healed.

PP-A: Crosby - Guentzel - Rust - McCann - Letang
PP-B: Malkin - Carter - Zucker - Kapanen - Matheson / Marino

I would try that IF Sullivan's approach were to start the fresher unit (if one were clearly fresher, otherwise start Sid's unit) and then make Geno (or Sid if Geno's unit starts) first change. BUT, what I think will happen is Malkin will replace Jake or Rust . . . if that MUST be what happens, replacing Jake would be better, but I think it will be Rust. That said, there's certainly no harm to trying IF you take the approach I noted, something they never tried all the other times they did a split unit.

I'll also note that the lines don't surprise me one bit. It's always possible that Zucker could be ticketed for LW with Malkin and Kapanen, but it's pretty clear that it's McCann, as I'd heard. That's why he's playing LW instead of center. What COULD change that plan? The line kills it, a la HBK, in which case I'm afraid Rodrigues would be L2 bound (something that I think would NOT be to the Pens benefit). OR, Carter is a complete flop at center. I still think the way to go was a Zucker-Teddy-Carter L3, but whatever.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I would try that IF Sullivan's approach were to start the fresher unit (if one were clearly fresher, otherwise start Sid's unit) and then make Geno (or Sid if Geno's unit starts) first change. BUT, what I think will happen is Malkin will replace Jake or Rust . . . if that MUST be what happens, replacing Jake would be better, but I think it will be Rust. That said, there's certainly no harm to trying IF you take the approach I noted, something they never tried all the other times they did a split unit.

I'll also note that the lines don't surprise me one bit. It's always possible that Zucker could be ticketed for LW with Malkin and Kapanen, but it's pretty clear that it's McCann, as I'd heard. That's why he's playing LW instead of center. What COULD change that plan? The line kills it, a la HBK, in which case I'm afraid Rodrigues would be L2 bound (something that I think would NOT be to the Pens benefit). OR, Carter is a complete flop at center. I still think the way to go was a Zucker-Teddy-Carter L3, but whatever.

Yeah, there's no way Malkin goes to PP2.

I actually think Guentzel would make the best candidate to go there. His smarts and LH shot would be nice opposite Carter.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The compressed schedule should begin the separation of who can play as a team and who can't as to potential playoff teams. Flyers are heading south and hopefully they come to grips with not wanting to bring their A game.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
This year will be the 46th year of the Flyers Cup drought, can they hit 50? Only 5 franchises have ever hit 50 years.
With that karma building up I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit 100 years :laugh:

Watch them wish for Giroux to get injured if he ever gets traded and they play against him. Just a pathetic franchise culture and fans.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, there's no way Malkin goes to PP2.

I actually think Guentzel would make the best candidate to go there. His smarts and LH shot would be nice opposite Carter.

I agree about your first point. That's likely what they do. I also agree if they do that, Jake should be the guy bumped, but I think it will be Rust.

By the way, I noted earlier that I think McCann is ticketed for L2 LW, which is why they have him on the wing and specifically working at LW. There's a counter argument that it could be Zucker ticketed for L2 LW and McCann is on Carter's LW because they plan to keep him there. Don't think that's what happens, but . . .

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
I would like to see, in order:

1. Carter snipe one
2. A reaction shot of Hextall doing a fist pump while visibly saying "**** yeah!" Then leading the 2,800 in attendance in a "1975" chant.
3. A video montage of Tocchet skating with the Cup as a Penguin player, and as an assistant coach

Not sure how to segue between 2 and 3 but AT&T SportsNet can figure that out.

Zap Rowsdower

Sep 10, 2019

1. Carter snipe one
2. A reaction shot of Hextall doing a fist pump while visibly saying "**** yeah!" Then leading the 2,800 in attendance in a "1975" chant.
3. A video montage of Tocchet skating with the Cup as a Penguin player, and as an assistant coach

and a video of the Gary Roberts/Ben Eager fight

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

1. Carter snipe one

You make a good case for putting on Phillys feed. Plus there's Tharyn Hatcher too :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad