GDT: #43|Flyers vs. Penguins|Thu, Apr. 15 - 2021|7:00 PM EST.|PPG|Welcome Back to PA, Mr. Kotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
GAME PREVIEW

GAME CENTER
iRsA25X.gif

"What are the lineups for today?"
mvUvL2e.png

Evan: "Ooh..! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!"
Mr. Carter: "Go ahead, Evan..."

Evan: Lines at practice yesterday for the Penguins were...

"Carter's First Practice"

Evan: Lineup for yesterdays Flyers vs. the Caps game...
I stole from, @MiamiScreamingEagles, was...

Lines
25 James van Riemsdyk -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 86 Joel Farabee
93 Jake Voracek -- 28 Claude Giroux -- 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton -- 13 Kevin Hayes -- 19 Nolan Patrick
23 Oskar Lindblom -- 58 Tanner Laczynski -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim -- 8 Robert Hägg
55 Sam Morin -- 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
Goalies
79 Carter Hart( Likely starter)
37 Brian Elliott

"Lineups are subject to change"

LET'S GO PENS!
dn2j1DY.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dunno if I like bumping McCann from center to play Carter there. But I guess we’ll find out what Carter has left pretty early here.

I think it’s a definitely a function of Sully’s mindset on where McCann ultimately fits best in the lineup and I agree with him: he should be a top six LW

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think it’s a definitely a function of Sully’s mindset on where McCann ultimately fits best in the lineup and I agree with him: he should be a top six LW

I mean, he’s played his best hockey at center. I think it’s more a function of Sullivan not wanting to play him at center long term. Carter gives him the excuse to bump him to wing.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
These 9 am classes are really cutting into my hockey watching time, so I’m gonna sit this one out.

Just copy and paste me laughing with all of my friends, just out of the frame, having a great time anytime anything happens

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I mean, he’s played his best hockey at center. I think it’s more a function of Sullivan not wanting to play him at center long term. Carter gives him the excuse to bump him to wing.

Has he? Or has he play his best hockey on the PP. Most of his points recently have come on the PP.

He has 5 points in his last 5 games. They are all PP.

His EVS numbers those games are. 0g 0a 0pts - 7 44% FO

Those are horrible numbers at center.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Carter fills two needs RW and center until, Kap and Malkin return. But speed on the wings will help him keep it simple in north south game. I actually prefer him playing center as RH with size and scoring ability with Zucker. When healthy:
Jake Sid Rust
McCann Geno Kap
Zucker Carter E Rod/ Tanev
Reese TB Lafferty/Angelo
E Rod until the playoffs when Tanev is back.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Has he? Or has he play his best hockey on the PP. Most of his points recently have come on the PP.

True.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Oh snap I was right about Zucker on RW :thumbu:
Think it might help him having better shooting angles. Here's hopin.
Jake Sid Rust
McCann Geno Kap
Zucker Carter E Rod/ Tanev
Reese TB Lafferty/Angelo
E Rod until the playoffs when Tanev is back.
I have Gaudreau in over Laff or Angello, even if it's as a winger.
53% CF despite 73% D-zone starts. 10 takeaways to 3 giveaways. 53% in the dot. Solid PK'er. Top lad.
Laff's improved lately but the dumb penalties are getting to be pretty annoying. Never know when he'll make that dire giveaway too. :laugh:

Reactions: BillPrep

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Awesome GDT!
Side-note:
I'm a teacher and anytime a boy over-enthusiastically raises his hand with vocal accompaniment, I say, "Settle down, Horshack," and call on somebody else. When they ask what that means I tell them. Mainly because I don't want them Googling "whore shack."

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

Or we want to see what Carter has playing C. I think its been 2 years since. Mys well give him a look, we know McCann can play the wing

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

That whole line reeked, it couldnt get broken up soon enough. They looked OK one game but other then that. Dont know if Carter makes a difference there but Im glad its done

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Who has the job of telling Carter that if he makes one mistake, man bear pig 2.0 takes his spot in the lineup immediately?

Sully, why did Carter get benched for a guy you sat for the playoffs last year and then traded at the end of the season?

uhhhh he was let lagged. The 5 hour flight 3 days ago was grueling. We need to ease him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad