Post-Game Talk: #43 | Flyers at Jets | January 13, 2024 | Flyers win 2-0

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Walker and Seeler are going to be a bloody good pair for a cup winner this year.

We just need Cam Atkinson to go on a mini tear just before the deadline and boost that value baby.

Reactions: Devonator

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I sad it a few years ago in the Ersson thread he could very well be nr 1 in philly.Followed him since 17-18 and i knew he was a big talent.Some times i see Pelle Lindbergh in his movements and is really exciting to witness.

You been watching this year? Anything that you like? Anything that concerns you?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
They'll sell simply b/c they have too many D-men, but I'm thinking instead of picks they might try to put a package together for a young center. The other alternative is a trade where they take an overpriced veteran center and get additional assets for eating salary where the player is still an upgrade over Laughton at center. A decent 3C could make this close to a top 8 team.

Got to bite the bullet and accept this is a legitimate playoff team, go on the road and win a back to back with the second game against the hottest team in the NHL? At some point it's no longer a fluke.

Rest of season they play all their games in the Eastern time zone except I think a Chicago game and maybe St Louis, no long road trips so the schedule is far more favorable. Couts could use a game or two off and Drysdale is still trying to figure out the system - so when they return team is that much stronger.

With the Lycksell - Laczynski - Toumaala line red hot and Attard stepping up, depth is a car drive away.

Brink is limited, on anything but a scoring role he's a liability, and they lack that 3C to carry him. Frost is stepping up when needed, maybe he did need a kick in the butt to realize he shouldn't just show up but be the straw that stirs the drink. And Risto really is a good defensive defenseman - just deal with it. Atkinson did what a veteran scorer should do - score.
News flash, that isn't called selling. That's called trading

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
News flash, that isn't called selling. That's called trading
You can do both, Flyers have enough cap room to eat an overpriced center who can still contribute - from the other team's vantage point, it's a salary dump, from the Flyers POV it might be an upgrade at 3C.

Just have to find the right match, a team with surplus at center but injuries on defense.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Watching York lately…he is a top 2nd pair Defenceman.
He’s been a major unsung contributor. I don’t think anyone really invested high hopes into him because he doesn’t have any flashy elite attributes, but his all around game is coming on quite nicely. I’m still not sure what his full potential is. If he can be a #3 defender capable of eating big minutes and anchoring a second pair, that’s a very valuable player. He’s a very low maintenance player which gives you flexibility with your D pairs and ice time allocations.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
He’s been a major unsung contributor. I don’t think anyone really invested high hopes into him because he doesn’t have any flashy elite attributes, but his all around game is coming on quite nicely. I’m still not sure what his full potential is. If he can be a #3 defender capable of eating big minutes and anchoring a second pair, that’s a very valuable player. He’s a very low maintenance player which gives you flexibility with your D pairs and ice time allocations.

I think he's a 3 now, he can definitely become a really good 3 or a low 2...not so bad?

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
You been watching this year? Anything that you like? Anything that concerns you?
I watch every game with flyers Ersson play and i really like flyers the way they play as a team Tortorella is a master to get the most out of every player and they play a game that benefit both Ersson and Hart i thier roles.With Ersson i have big hopes i think he has the coolness and menthal strength Henrik Lundqvist had and really good technique and rebound controll so the sky is the limit.Only thing i can see is that he lacks experience of course and maybe the stamina to play 60 + games + playoffs but he is going to get stronger more he is going to play.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I think he's a 3 now, he can definitely become a really good 3 or a low 2...not so bad?
Respectfully, he’s not a 3 right now. I think at his absolute top he’s a 3.

Very solid player, but limited due to lack of high end ability. If he’s your 3 you need a dynamic offensive defenseman. He just doesn’t bring a whole lot of creativity, and I think this team lacks that from their d-corps.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Very solid player, but limited due to lack of high end ability. If he’s your 3 you need a dynamic offensive defenseman. He just doesn’t bring a whole lot of creativity, and I think this team lacks that from their d-corps.
What's his tracking data looking like? I remember at Michigan he was a bit too glass and out for my liking.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

So you think there’s a 100+ defenseman better them him in the league? It’s possible but I think he’s better then that.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ersson is technically sound. Not to often you see him out of position.
He has improved significantly over last year where he struggled to track pucks laterally and get himself into the right position to make a save.

He has settled into the NHL game quicker and better than I expected and the Flyers are in great shape with this tandem.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Squeak in and first round exit. Yippee.
They've been in a playoff spot basically all year. They are 2 wins out of 1st place in the division and 5 points over the wild card cutoff. Idk if I'd qualify that as 'squeaking in'. They are a better team than I along with most on this board predicted they would be. They are getting solid production from young players up and down the lineup. Konecny has emerged as a legitimate star, and Sanheim is carrying the load on defense along with unexpected additions in Sean Walker, Zamula and Seeler playing above expectations. Couturier being back is huge and he looks relatively like his old self, especially on D. And they have 2 rock solid goaltenders while also avoiding the injury bug for most of the season. We are halfway through the season at this point. I'm not declaring the rebuild over, or anything like that. But they are obviously a better team than most gave them credit for, and credit Tortorella for getting the most out of this group so far this year.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
They've been in a playoff spot basically all year. They are 2 wins out of 1st place in the division and 5 points over the wild card cutoff. Idk if I'd qualify that as 'squeaking in'. They are a better team than I along with most on this board predicted they would be. They are getting solid production from young players up and down the lineup. Konecny has emerged as a legitimate star, and Sanheim is carrying the load on defense along with unexpected additions in Sean Walker, Zamula and Seeler playing above expectations. Couturier being back is huge and he looks relatively like his old self, especially on D. And they have 2 rock solid goaltenders while also avoiding the injury bug for most of the season. We are halfway through the season at this point. I'm not declaring the rebuild over, or anything like that. But they are obviously a better team than most gave them credit for, and credit Tortorella for getting the most out of this group so far this year.
Season isn't over. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad