Post-Game Talk: #43 | Flyers at Jets | January 13, 2024 | Flyers win 2-0

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They're still the 7th worst offense in the league, with the single player missing any time being 4 points in 21 games Noah Cates. I never thought they'd be a bottom team. I assumed they'd be in the 10-15 range, and I still think they miss the playoffs. But even if they make it, it's basically the Islanders blueprint (good PK, low event, good defense), not that anyone should be surprised about that.

So you think there’s a 100+ defenseman better them him in the league?

That's.......not how it works. There aren't 32 1Ds, 32 2Ds, and so on in perfectly equal measure.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
They're still the 7th worst offense in the league, with the single player missing any time being 4 points in 21 games Noah Cates. I never thought they'd be a bottom team. I assumed they'd be in the 10-15 range, and I still think they miss the playoffs. But even if they make it, it's basically the Islanders blueprint (good PK, low event, good defense), not that anyone should be surprised about that.

That's.......not how it works. There aren't 32 1Ds, 32 2Ds, and so on in perfectly equal measure.
Of course not. But it is a judge slotting players in.
If you are a top 40- 50 defenseman in the league, in my book, you are considered a # 2. Just because you are a # 4 on a deep defense doesn’t mean you can’t be a #2 on a different team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Squeak in and first round exit. Yippee.
They dumped Hayes, TDA and JVR, cleared a lot of cap space, added a 1st, (2) 2nds and whatever they get from trading Walker. Only FAs were Hathaway and Poehling on low cost deals.

So if they make the playoffs while adding substantial assets, that's a GOOD THING.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
They dumped Hayes, TDA and JVR, cleared a lot of cap space, added a 1st, (2) 2nds and whatever they get from trading Walker. Only FAs were Hathaway and Poehling on low cost deals.

So if they make the playoffs while adding substantial assets, that's a GOOD THING.
And have a strong 1-2 punch in net. Let's hope that continues.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

Do you really believe they are trading Walker/Seeler if they keep trending as is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad