Post-Game Talk: #43 | FLYERS 5 at Devils 3 | Sat., Jan. 13, 2018

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Some people here are still rooting for losses, it's quite moronic if you ask me.

They are 2-8 in games decided in OT/SO. They could have been 5-5 easily. 3 points more. And then, that Nashville debacle. Another 2 points. Add them and suddenly they are second in the division with games in hand. This conference is wide-open. I'd say 7 teams are fighting for 4 playoff spots - CLB, NJD, NYR, PIT, PHILLY, NYI and CAR. First round against a powerhouse isn't carved in stone, too.

if the flyers fo didnt play favorites with the gm and coaches and coaches and gms favoring players, then i would i have no reason for wanting this team to lose but when it comes to the stubbornness of the fo, rooting for them to lose is the only for them to make changes because it's the same problems every year this team hasnt made the second round since 2012, where is the accountability?

yeah we make the playoffs but you know what's going to happen, it's one and done, what's that going to build for the aging core? the coaching? nothing. no changes, it's good enough for hextall, that's the building block, it's just one and done and let this team's talent go to waste.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nolan with Jake,, this is such a simple solution. Fire Flip to the moon

Flip has singlehandedly tanked Voracek and Raffl’s metrics while putting up 1 non EN point in the last 12 games with them (an A2). But the only way he’s being sent to the moon is if Hakstol believes he’s the only person reliable enough to be the assistant captain on the first lunar base.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Which part do you think is a lie?

The fact that you tried to spread so much anti-Couturier propaganda that the North Koreans were jealous (now that's hyperbole).

Or the fact that right now that same player is a 1C who's 3rd in goals, pacing for 47.

Couturier is having an amazing year. a year that no one on record had ever thought he could have.

When he was criticized for his offense, not just by me, it was done for good reason.

Same here with Nolan Patrick. He is the guy I wanted, I think he will be a great center. Right now he sucks. It is ok to comment on a players current level of play. Stop harassing me and other posters for pointing out facts.

Hakstol Jim Duggan

Oct 16, 2015
Goulbourne isn't very good, but selfishly I'm ok with him in the lineup because he's a hell of a fighter and that entertains me. Especially since it'd probably be Weise in otherwise.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Couturier is having an amazing year. a year that no one on record had ever thought he could have.

I, for one, always knew he had it in him. In fact, i believe quite a few posters were saying he had scoring potential he just needed the right opportunity. He finally got that opportunity this year. Makes me wonder how many potential high scoring years he could have had centering Giroux's line. Really, any scoring line..

Reactions: SnS

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Goulbourne isn't very good, but selfishly I'm ok with him in the lineup because he's a hell of a fighter and that entertains me. Especially since it'd probably be Weise in otherwise.

He hasnt even come close to an altercation yet. Hard to squeeze in a fight in 5 minutes of ice time.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I, for one, always knew he had it in him. In fact, i believe quite a few posters were saying he had scoring potential he just needed the right opportunity. He finally got that opportunity this year. Makes me wonder how many potential high scoring years he could have had centering Giroux's line. Really, any scoring line..

what he is doing is beyond scoring potential. He has a shot at 50 goals this year. Please find me a post that predicts this type of outbreak. Not even Couturier thought he was capable of this. 4.6 million for what he is doing is the best contract in hockey bar none.

Hakstol Jim Duggan

Oct 16, 2015
He hasnt even come close to an altercation yet. Hard to squeeze in a fight in 5 minutes of ice time.

I think it's more been the schedule. St. Louis and Buffalo are bottom 5 in fights, Jersey bottom 10. I'd imagine he's itching to go - would bet on either a Matt Martin or Tom Wilson scrap this week.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
what he is doing is beyond scoring potential. He has a shot at 50 goals this year. Please find me a post that predicts this type of outbreak. Not even Couturier thought he was capable of this. 4.6 million for what he is doing is the best contract in hockey bar none.

People spent like the last 3 years arguing with you about Couts' ability.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts is playing over his head, but a breakout season isn't surprising given he's entering his peak years.
He averaged 39 ES points per 82 games the last two years, so an increase isn't surprising, though a 68 point pace is probably unsustainable.
Add a bigger PP role (6-3 9 so far), and 60-70 points a year is a pretty reasonable expectation. Maybe 80 in his best years.
Combined with his defense and he's a legitimate 1C.

Hakstol Jim Duggan

Oct 16, 2015
I'd like to see it because either of those guys would drop him and then maybe he'd get sent back where he belongs

Anything to open up a spot for Dale Weise!

Obviously, I want to see Lindblom up. but if it's between Goulbourne, Weise, and Leier (who I actually like), meh, I'll take the possibility of an entertaining scrap over the completely microscopic difference the alternative would provide towards achieving a win. And if Goulbourne is only playing 5 minutes a game, that means better wingers are taking a handful of his shifts, so that combination is probably better than one full plate of Weise.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So they were not right enough for you? Then what does that make you, like really really really wrong?

what i am saying is everyone was wrong about this. No one thought he was capable of this out put. Not even his most ardent supporters.

Couts is a 10 percent shooter historically with a high of 165 shots in an 82 game season. How do those numbers suggest that he is capable of this output. They don't. This is unexpected.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
what i am saying is everyone was wrong about this. No one thought he was capable of this out put. Not even his most ardent supporters.

Couts is a 10 percent shooter historically with a high of 165 shots in an 82 game season. How do those numbers suggest that he is capable of this output. They don't. This is unexpected.

That's a nice way to make you appear to not look bad in this situation. Very generous to yourself you are

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No but seriously, you were especially wrong.

Reactions: RANKKA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad