Prospect Info: 42nd Overall, Vladislav Firstov

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's got a long way to go before he's an NHL player, but I like that we got him signed now instead of waiting for another McBain situation.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Seems like one of those guys where the stats don’t really match up with his level of play. Glad we got him signed and hope he can continue to develop, should be opportunities to break into the bottom of the lineup and find a spot over the next few years.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anything new here? Back in Russia and Torpedo is one of the top teams in the league. Does he still fit in the Wild plans or have others passed him?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Anything new here? Back in Russia and Torpedo is one of the top teams in the league. Does he still fit in the Wild plans or have others passed him?
Its a more complicated relationship now I believe, he essentially bailed on the AHL team to go back to Russia, or at least that seems to be the media narrative. I don't think the Wild are planning on him joining at any point, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see him come back over eventually.

I like his game play style wise, I think he could be an NHLer, but I know nothing about the person and there is a lot more to being an NHLer than what happens on the ice. The Wild do have a lot of guys competing for not a lot of spots over the upcoming years after some extensions, so he will have a tough time without very strong play. I imagine he holds no trade value and at this point the organization is just looking at him as magic beans.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Just my opinion but as long as BG is GM, I don't think he will be welcomed back due to what Ovechkid08 said above. Bolting after one game last year probably got him on BG's shitlist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad