Prospect Info: 42nd Overall, Vladislav Firstov

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
He is an offensively gifted player whose puck possession skills allow him to extend possessions , McKeen's Hockey 2019
Firstov plays with good jump to his game, he is quick to loose pucks and moves the puck quickly in the transition game , Hockeyprospect.com 2019
Solidly built and skilled, Firstov is a hard-working power forward who has an impressive hockey IQ, Future Considerations 2019

Going to college too. I like that. Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders and is doing what he needs to develop into an NHLer. UCONN should be a good place for him to grow.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Fenton not capable of picking a RW or C? Spirodonov and Nikolayev would have been better choices, i think, and play a position of need.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ok, have been really passive follower recently.

And to be honest, I wasn't even born when Firsov won his last Olympic gold medal :D
Points to you for not starting off your post with, "First off,..."

Reactions: W75

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Been reading up a bit and watching some clips on this kid today. Must say, he is exactly the type of forward prospect i wanted us to draft. If what i watched and read is correct he seems to be a boom or bust kind of guy that can- with the right type of development turn in to a game changer.

I'm looking forward to watching how he does in the NCAA.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Is Fenton not capable of picking a RW or C? Spirodonov and Nikolayev would have been better choices, i think, and play a position of need.

with players like dorofeyev, nikolayev , spiridonov available feels like we went off the board.

It's a bit different for management to be selecting a NA based player (even a Russian one) from a Russia based one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad