GDT: #42| New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | January 10th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-3

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Didn’t really think the Carolina game was ****ty.

The one thing I’ve learned about Ranger games, the standings nor recent trends do not matter.

You know they are going to play hard. They dominated NYI 5-0 two months ago. That said, 3 out of 4 against a weaker team.
Wasn't shitty, I think we should have won but it was definitely frustrating.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
This will be tough. Rangers always get up for their Stanley Cup game. They have nothing else to play for and are at the beginning of a half decade rebuild. NYI will have to bring their A-game tonight.

I expect a lot of Islander fans at Nassau Coliseum west tonight (along with the usual corporate crowd) as the fair weather Ranger fans have abandoned their team.

Reactions: nyscene

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Records, win/lose streaks never matter when it is Islanders v Rangers.
Coach Trotz worked the boys hard at practice yesterday to hopefully get the laziness out of their game.
LGI

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Schedules are in our favor tonight. The Columbus plays Tampa Bay and Habs are in St. Louis. A win or overtime tonight could put us 3rd in the division with a Columbus loss.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Whatever happened to the Lafontaine Cup? Was that a one and done thing? Or did I imagine it?? :dunno:

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Just play hard and relentless, be hungry and get in front of the king. Don't want to be walking around tomorrow with an Isles loss...

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Whatever happened to the Lafontaine Cup? Was that a one and done thing? Or did I imagine it?? :dunno:

I don't know about that, but it did remind me of that year that MSG did the MSG-bowl or whatever they called it and followed the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders record against each other for the full season to crown an MSG champion, and the Islanders destroyed both of them and they never did it again.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't know about that, but it did remind me of that year that MSG did the MSG-bowl or whatever they called it and followed the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders record against each other for the full season to crown an MSG champion, and the Islanders destroyed both of them and they never did it again.
That's kind of what I recall the Lafontaine Cup being about, but maybe no Devs involved.

I was hoping that would become a regular fixture at The Lighthouse.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
On one hand it’s a shame that Johnston isn’t playing to make this game interesting. On the other hand, it’s nice to see that we simply have no room for him in the lineup. Although if something goes down tonight, I suspect he’ll find his way into the lineup on Saturday.

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
On one hand it’s a shame that Johnston isn’t playing to make this game interesting. On the other hand, it’s nice to see that we simply have no room for him in the lineup. Although if something goes down tonight, I suspect he’ll find his way into the lineup on Saturday.

Johnston is one tough dude. Nice to have him.

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad