GDT: #42 | Flyers at Wild | January 12, 2024 | 8:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Tippett created 3 dynamite plays that shift.

Some of Tippett's tracking data from alll three zones is insane. He creates so many shots and shot assists. He's in some very good company. But the thing is he tops out around 45-55 points because he lacks IQ.

I do think if you put him on the LW with Couts and TK for an extended period of time, he may play very well, and inflate some of his point totals, and get a few more chances for the other two. Its a great way to hide his deficiencies.

Reactions: Magua

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
If 15 more of his shots go in, he’s a 40 goal scorer. That’s it!

Why can’t people just enjoy things for what they are? He’s a 45-50 point guy right now. Heavily rush based. Just doesn’t have the IQ to hit that next tier. Not especially good on the PP. Still fun and has value. This is what I meant where he has a number for a next contract. Assuming like Bouch is where that dies.
Perfectly acceptable middle six winger. Well, except for his face.

Reactions: Magua

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Some of Tippett's tracking data from alll three zones is insane. He creates so many shots and shot assists. He's in some very good company. But the thing is he tops out around 45-55 points because he lacks IQ.

I do think if you put him on the LW with Couts and TK for an extended period of time, he may play very well, and inflate some of his point totals, and get a few more chances for the other two. Its a great way to hide his deficiencies.
Tippett and a 1st looking like a pretty good deal for Giroux lately.

Reactions: Flyerfan18

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Having a healthy Couts in the lineup is such a big boost. Take him away and they’re a bottom 5 team.

But of course the credit will go to the shitbag behind the bench.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

It's funny in that I thought comparing Gauthier's profile to Tippett was actually insulting. To Tippett! Gauthier might very well be a better player/scorer, but he doesn't come close to Tippett's athleticism. It's really that game breaking. Gauthier was "good" in that department.

Reactions: VladDrag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad