Post-Game Talk: #42 - Bruins @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
80% of those are goals he scored are after we are already up by 2 goals or down by 3 goals...so they don't count.

:sarcasm:

:laugh:

But now that you mention it, I isolated one-goal and tied games only over the same exact period and Nash is still top 10 in the league.

aeypQQT.png

Names like Melker Karlsson and Erik Cole show just how insignificant the stat is because players have no control over what the score is when they put the puck in the net. Unless you believe middling players like Karlsson and Cole can do something nobody else can :rolleyes:

But the point is, it's not like Nash never scores "significant" goals. He's 7th so he's scored more than hundreds of NHL players.

Also, over the same time period, only Ovechkin has more game-winning goals.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Anybody go to the game last night? Was curious if there were many Bruins fans there, sounded like some but not too many...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
love the narrative.

nash bad this year = he was good last year and years before so he's good now and stuff.

nash bad this year = he plays hard and tries to play defense

nash bad this year = but but, he creates chances that amount to exactly zero. (the dallas game being the one recent exception)

this argument or defense of nash which is essentially, "he sucks this year, and last year in the playoffs or every year for that matter, but he's had 2 pretty good regular seasons prior to this debacle, so lets pretend what he isn't doing now doesnt matter cuz prior years " thing is tiresome.

how long is he going to live off of his prior regular seasons ? i mean is that helping us now win games.

call a spade a spade. he's been bad. this season, remove the awarded goal and empty netter and he has what 10 goals ? in 40 games.

last 20 games he's got 5 goals.

vik stalberg last 20. yup 5 goals. :laugh:

dudes played 60 nhl playoff games and has 10 total goals. and 1 of those, exactly 1, was a gwg.

mr clutch.

#albatross

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
what can we do with that 8 mill other than pay nash ??? thats a legit question. i guess it comes down to believing he's essential for this team to succeed. i do not.

can we do more with that money ? i say yes. remove nash and this team doesnt tank. not even close. we add back a forward to take his minutes or add minutes to a roster player now.

we can add a good player via trade and free up that money to pay yandle and maybe add a forward who will do more for less.

rick nash will bring back value to a contender willing to roll the dice that he can help them win.

i just do not believe this team cannot survive without nash. thats a fallacy. i fact, i think with the right deal, we can flourish.

#lifeafternash

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We could just stick with a player that's had three great seasons and half a disappointing one. Just an idea.

"more for less" is the fallacy. There's not a player in the league making less than Nash that does more since he's on the Rangers outside of John Tavares and Tyler Seguin. Yeah go get us one of those two.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
his regular season last yr wasnt great really. thats very debatable.

10 goals last 30 games. not great. great start for sure, then not much

parden me if I'm not sipping the koolaide. he slipped badly from feb on.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
We could just stick with a player that's had three great seasons and half a disappointing one. Just an idea.

"more for less" is the fallacy. There's not a player in the league making less than Nash that does more since he's on the Rangers outside of John Tavares and Tyler Seguin. Yeah go get us one of those two.

fair enough.

but adding a player who's younger, has better term and $ and saving some $ for the yandle deal makes sense.

8 mill for 1 player makes little sense given our cap $ thats tied up on the defense alone.

add to that a player at 8mill per thats underperforming, looks a step slower for sure and has a shot like a girl, really concerns me.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He was a shoe-in for a Hart nomination until he was injured. Basically what people want is Tarasenko on an ELC.

What could they do with Nash's $8M? What could they do with the $15M that is spent on Girardi/Staal/Boyle?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
When I think Nash as a Ranger I think of a player like Marian Hossa (though he seems to be on the decline this year). I don't know what the fancy stats say, but they're both two way fiends who can score 60-70 points a season. Nash is a better goalscorer usually.

If we had a Patty Kane, Nash would probably be more appreciated. The Hawks signed Marian to a 12 year deal or whatever,and his actually salary this year is the same as Nash's cap hit, which is why Hossa is cheaper. Nash is playing well, just not lighting the lamp. He's not Chris Kreider out there.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nash is legitimately the best ES goal scorer in the league.

I really don't know what some of you want from him.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Seriously this is just ridiculous haha. Who exactly do you want the Rangers to go get that can replace Nash's play? I'd love to hear
He's had terrible luck this season but he leads the team in individual scoring chances/60

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Nash is legitimately the best ES goal scorer in the league.

I really don't know what some of you want from him.

He certainly hasn't been this year.

I'm not stating Nash is a bad player, but he's quickly approaching the age where he's going to start decline and we'll lose him for nothing... This isn't a knock against his skillset, because it is in fact top notch... Unfortunately on this team, he's paid a lot of money to lead this offense but his production is starting to drop... You can sit there and try to reason that the production will come because the rest of his playe is good, but the reality is he's reaching the point where he wont be able to carry the offense, and he'll begin to decline, and we'll regret hanging onto him...

I know you like to look into the future of this team. the reality is, for the future, moving Nash would be addition (assets acquired) by subtraction (trading nash)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He was a shoe-in for a Hart nomination until he was injured. Basically what people want is Tarasenko on an ELC.

What could they do with Nash's $8M? What could they do with the $15M that is spent on Girardi/Staal/Boyle?

We should have picked him over McIlrath :sarcasm:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He is an elite goalscorer. I'm not going to say our 2nd leading scorer in the playoffs was bad.

If a player of Nash's caliber went to UFA, $7.5M+ long term is exactly what they would get, so, I don't really understand the whole bang for your buck argument. Is being one of the highest scoring teams over the last 2 seasons not enough?

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is he not paid to be an elite goal scorer?

He definitely is being paid at that level and this year is far from from being anything close to an elite goal scorer. Getting top pp minutes and top line minutes he's been very dissapointing. There should be no doubt that if a fair trade came along he should be traded (to west preferably) but it won't happen.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He is an elite goalscorer. I'm not going to say our 2nd leading scorer in the playoffs was bad.

If a player of Nash's caliber went to UFA, $7.5M+ long term is exactly what they would get, so, I don't really understand the whole bang for your buck argument. Is being one of the highest scoring teams over the last 2 seasons not enough?

You're probably right he would prob command 7 million or so but not this years Nash. call me crazy I feel like we could do much more good for this team going forward if we freed up his 8 million and somehow got something back in return. It's unlikely it will happen so we will just have to hope he can start scoring some goals and scoring them when it matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad