Post-Game Talk: #42 - Bruins @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yea I don't know if it's a laceration you would see blood right? Maybe they're just going with hand laceration until they check him out tomorrow

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Alain-Vignuealt.jpg

The Dude behind AV should be the meme.

Anyway, I think the team has been looking better since the Dallas game. I know they aren't playing the way we are used to, but it's the start of a move in a better direction

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Snoozefest. Typical NYR-BOS game.

Sweet tip by Fast.

Kreider & Hayes still MIA.

Kreider popped his head up with the most nonchalant attempted pass ever, in the first, which lead to a breakaway. That play was infuriating. Kreider was on his back foot and lazily went to tap it over like its friggin warmups. That's was absolutely horrible.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Btw, JT Miller has consistently been the best forward on this team for well over s month. Night in and night out. He consistently brings it for the entire 60 minutes every night. Really love what I'm seeing from him.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think that's the best game McD has played in 2 years. Hank bounced back, Hayes was engaged, Zucc and Brass were around the puck.

Probably our worst effort in a few games though overall.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Nice comeback win and there's still a lot of negativity here.

To me it's encouraging that two games in a row the team managed to turn bad situations into comebacks. Comebacks are the kind of thing that gets a team to start believing in itself.

Henrik let in kind of a soft one but other than that he was excellent. He's the key for us. If he gets his head together and the rest of the team get back on track we'll be okay.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I thought the Rangers played a really simple and safe game tonight. They were very good on both sides of the puck considering there wasn't really any space tonight. i will take that as that is a fine way to rebuild everybody's confidence. Now we just have to start stringing some games together for people to start feeling a bit better. Lundqvist was great tonight minus the goal IMO he should have had that one. But with recent performances, I won't nitpick too much.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I think that's the best game McD has played in 2 years. Hank bounced back, Hayes was engaged, Zucc and Brass were around the puck.

Probably our worst effort in a few games though overall.

McD had a great game, and after a smelly 2nd period, the Rangers really brought the hammer down in the third.

I had some chuckles when Rask was *****ing at his D too.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's weird...but I don't even care about this win...I feelings like earlier games in the season...vastly outplayed, incredibly lucky to win...

If I'm an opposing team I'd be thrilled to see the rangers on the upcoming schedule.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
It's weird...but I don't even care about this win...I feelings like earlier games in the season...vastly outplayed, incredibly lucky to win...

If I'm an opposing team I'd be thrilled to see the rangers on the upcoming schedule.

I'd say vastly outplayed is a bit of an overstatement. We had our struggles at certain points but thats why there's another team playing. Or maybe I am being too nice because of how we played the past 6 weeks. Who knows. There is still A LOT of work to be done.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I didn't feel the Rangers were outplayed at all, especially not to the level of they were earlier in the season.

I thought the first period was mostly even, 2nd Boston was a little better and the 3rd the Rangers were far better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Maloney is so honest. Calling out Kreider as he should be.

Good, Kreider is just maddeningly awful. And it's things he can control, like his effort and using his speed and being engaged. Jesus Christ, that play in the first period! 100% avoidable if he's not lackadaisical about it. The way he's played this season, he shouldn't be doing anything less than 110% yet he continues to half ass and make lazy plays and glide all over the ice and give the puck away. So infuriating.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

We weren't outplayed.

1st period was about as even as it gets. 2nd was Boston and they scored. 3rd was Rangers and we scored twice. About as even of a game as it gets. We won because we finished stronger.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

How do you figure?? This team is heading in the right direction.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think that we still all need to see improvement. That's why we're kind of meh... a lot fo guys aren't playing well still and we're still having mega breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad