Nov 9, 2004
NY
Free bananas for all!!!

Shelves-full-of-bananas-005.jpg

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Emotional rollercoaster game. Hank was ok. Kreider was crappy. Who was actually good? Zucc? Brass? Step was pretty good. We've been so mediocre and we still were in this one. Just happy for a win.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Ugly game that will be overshadowed by a last minute win.

If I was an opponent I would be salivating to play the Rangers. Lundqvist is the only thing that stands in the way (like he did tonight other than a bad goal). We're not going to hit you, we're not going to pepper your goaltender or make them move and we're not going to smother you.

Amazing tip by Fast, and guys like McDonagh had good games. I'm not happy with the game overa though - it was not pretty.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
#1 star Girardi for leaving the game. We definitely played better without him.

They are calling it a laceration but I saw no blood at all. Can you have a hand laceration without blood? The replay looked like it broke a bone to me. Puck looks like it hit his glove and he immediately reacted with pain.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It better start being that way when you don't play teams like us that can't score. Playing 20 min a night won't get you these results like tonight to often.

Always fun playing you though, hard tough fought games. Hanks belly flop flailing foot kick save was the story of this one.

Uh...

Yeah, I know, that's why I said it :p: :)

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Emotional rollercoaster game. Hank was ok. Kreider was crappy. Who was actually good? Zucc? Brass? Step was pretty good. We've been so mediocre and we still were in this one. Just happy for a win.

I saw a stat yesterday that we are on pace for a 98 point season. I have to admit I was surprised by that. Because we haven't looked like a 9 point team in a while. IMO it all goes back to that early season pressure to win that AV laid on this team. Hopefully they continue to settle in and look like a team that is a 98 point team. We need to string two or three wins together and evulate from there.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

32 saves on 33 shots, most were tough saves. One soft goal. Just ok I know.

BarbaraAlphanse

As expected, Yandle looked significantly better after Girardi left.

McDonagh looked significantly better away from Girardi.

In fact, the only guy that doesn't look worse with G is Marc Staal, and he's already as bad as can be in this system as is.

Miller was a force... again. But very disappointed AV broke up Miller and Brass/Zucc to put Nash on the line. For. No. Reason.

Kreider was engaged throughout the game. He had a positively trending game, imo. Whereas he would looked frustrated and deflated when plays like tonight's whiffed pass, broken stick, good play turned TO turned weak goal by Hank, tonight he kept his head down and played through it and gave effort every shift. And it's a step in the right direction.

Same for Hayes and Fast.

Klein had a bad game, but still nothing as bad as Girardi. McIlrath should be in next game and play with Yandle, reuniting a 2nd good defensive pairing... finally, again.

Excited. This team is trending upward. 1 significant move away and 1 depth move from being cup contenders again.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault said first indication is that Dan Girardi's hand isn't broken and they'll know more tomorrow.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad