GDT: #42 – Sabres at Hurricanes – Fri Jan 13, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
What complete and utter nonsense. Just because everyone else isn't foaming at the mouth to fire the GM less than four seasons into his tenure doesn't mean that he "get no blame" or is "untouchable". For example, see all of the posts in this very forum detailing some of the shortcomings of this roster.

I for one would think that if someone were being shielded from criticism people wouldn't be calling for his head daily, but what do I know.

I like how you said less then 4 seasons like that isn't more then enough time to build just an average team that could make the playoffs. There are several instances of teams going from bottom 5 to playoffs. The fact this makes two seasons in a row after bottoming out of no playoffs is all that needs to be said. He signed Okposo and traded for RoR and Kulikov. This isn't still a rebuilding basement team the team expected 95 points and playoffs. They'll fall well short and pick 7th in a terrible draft.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
As much as you. The simple fact we are having this discussion should be concerning. What makes it worse is the guy called out his team in the media and this is still a discussion. People want this guy to be captain by next year? Huh?

I'm not the one making predictions on Eichel's future. Aside from saying he's 20 and probably immature. Which is true for most 20 year olds in this country.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Since the night before Thanksgiving:

Nilsson - .909 SV%
Lehner - .921 SV%

There is no goaltending controversy. Nilsson had a great first month, but he's settled into what we thought he'd be.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I like how you said less then 4 seasons like that isn't more then enough time to build just an average team that could make the playoffs. There are several instances of teams going from bottom 5 to playoffs. The fact this makes two seasons in a row after bottoming out of no playoffs is all that needs to be said. He signed Okposo and traded for RoR and Kulikov. This isn't still a rebuilding basement team the team expected 95 points and playoffs. They'll fall well short and pick 7th in a terrible draft.

I have given Murray a little slack regarding this years roster due to the unknowns in regards to the expansion draft and all the moves that will go with that. Its stupid to make moves now that result in losing a guy for free in the summer.

But if he fails to make some major moves heading into next season, i will be jumping into the anti-Murray boat with you.

Im beginning to get the feeling(i could definitely be wrong) Murray knows he isnt getting the job done and this team isnt where he expected them to be. Therefore, he's waiting to fire Bylsma to buy more time until the blame of this terrible mess switches to him. Because I honeslty don't understand how he hasn't fired Bylsma by now.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I have given Murray a little slack regarding this years roster due to the unknowns in regards to the expansion draft and all the moves that will go with that. Its stupid to make moves now that result in losing a guy for free in the summer.

But if he fails to make some major moves heading into next season, i will be jumping into the anti-Murray boat with you.

Im beginning to get the feeling(i could definitely be wrong) Murray knows he isnt getting the job done and this team isnt where he expected them to be. Therefore, he's waiting to fire Bylsma to buy more time until the blame of this terrible mess switches to him. Because I honeslty don't understand how he hasn't fired Bylsma by now.

I think the reason he hasn't fired Disco was due to the injuries. Though that reason is slowing fading away even with Kulikov and Ennis out. I felt Disco would at minimum get the entire season because of the injuries. My one caveat to that was if the wheels fell off completely or he lost the room. I don't think we're there yet.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Oh please. Teams go from bottom 5 to the playoffs? That's nice. This team was not just bottom 5 just two seasons ago. This team was amazingly, historically awful. This team was so bad that it broke Corsi as a useful predictive tool. This wasn't just a team that bottomed out one year like the 2006-07 Flyers, this was a team that tore everything to the ground. Expecting the team to be a lock for the playoffs two years later is a pipe dream. This is a team that was going to sneak into the playoffs at best, and they've a) had a lot of key injuries and b) not maximized what they've gotten out of the talent they had.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Oh please. Teams go from bottom 5 to the playoffs? That's nice. This team was not just bottom 5 just two seasons ago. This team was amazingly, historically awful. This team was so bad that it broke Corsi as a useful predictive tool. This wasn't just a team that bottomed out one year like the 2006-07 Flyers, this was a team that tore everything to the ground. Expecting the team to be a lock for the playoffs two years later is a pipe dream. This is a team that was going to sneak into the playoffs at best, and they've a) had a lot of key injuries and b) not maximized what they've gotten out of the talent they had.

They were but lets be fair about that. There were specifically built to be that bad. Then following year they weren't a struggling group of youngsters that had a top pick or two added to that group and thats it. There was an incredible infusion of talent and a huge change over in players from 14-15 to 15-16. That tank team essentially stop existing the next year and its certainly long gone now. I agree LCN is being ridiculous in his approach. But to base anything on that tank year is disingenuous. Its a huge pet peeve of mine when anything going on now is compared to or based on that year.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The problem is that we have a coach who has implemented a horrible system that leads to horrible hockey. The team has NHL level talent now so this is just unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad