GDT: [#41] Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars - Cotton Bowl Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I've been to a Texas-OU game and don't remember it feeling overly crowded inside or out. So they should have been able to make it work better than that.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
The dart train is that way even during Texas/OU. Not much they can do about that. Only so many can ride at a time and only so many trains. They could have alleviated a lot of the problems inside fair by just opening up more.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
500 were given away to that school.

add another 500 in for staff, family, friends, etc.

Who knows how many corporate giveaways..

So I wouldn't say it is none, but the amount isn't anything crazy.

Well I think the point is that no, they didn't need to give away tickets in the last few days/weeks to "sell out" which is what the poster was asking.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Absolutely, was concerned for my youngest. And if there would have been a medical emergency getting help to those who needed it would have been a nightmare.
I thought I heard/read that someone died going into the game

My buddy and I got sick of not moving through the fairgrounds so we entered the bowl when it opened and just watched it fill up

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I thought I heard/read that someone died going into the game

My buddy and I got sick of not moving through the fairgrounds so we entered the bowl when it opened and just watched it fill up

I don’t think someone died but someone did leave on a gurney which made the foot traffic all the worse.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
So looking at the auction for game worn jerseys. Is Perry bidding on his own. How can it be the highest dollar amount?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I noticed they locked the WC thread on the NHL talk boards right after my comment. I re-read it, and didn't see anything of real derogatory nature in it. Wonder why they did it?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I noticed they locked the WC thread on the NHL talk boards right after my comment. I re-read it, and didn't see anything of real derogatory nature in it. Wonder why they did it?

Main board GDTs get locked not terribly long after the game(s) end(s), especially once the discussion slows. Nothing to read into there.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Limp Dekes

Jun 27, 2019
I'm starting to love the WC logo/uniforms more and more (not a huge fan of the pants, but not sure what else it could be to make it better). They should really adopt them as their alternative. Easy way to sell more merchandise too, no brainer.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm starting to love the WC logo/uniforms more and more (not a huge fan of the pants, but not sure what else it could be to make it better). They should really adopt them as their alternative. Easy way to sell more merchandise too, no brainer.

I'd like to see how their regular dark pants and gloves would look with it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hey, I liked that they went full old school with the uniforms. NSH adopted a 1940's script, but kept the rest of the uniform pretty modern.

TV ratings in, and it's the lowest ever for a WC at 1.97 Million viewers. Doesn't bode well for other non-traditional matchups. Bigger ratings always come from NE, just like fans of the original six fill AAC when those teams play there. Think there would have to be one traditional powerhouse in each game from now on.

And, I wonder if the great event and weather has the NHL thinking more of the same, or "Whew, we dodged a bullet in the south, and let's not test our luck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad