GDT: #41 Halfwayto Paradise|Blue Jackets @ Panthers| 1/5/19|7:00 pm

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Yeah it wouldn't have surprised me if the Jackets sank to below average since December 1st. So I looked it up. They have 47 goals in 495 shots since Dec. 1st, 9.5% shooting, smack dab in the middle of the league.

Like you said, career low, meaning unlikely to be repeated unless we're talking about 30+ players.
Right but on the other hand do we want to be near the middle (or even 8th) if we are trying for the Cup and need to compete with the likes of Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Toronto?

Also our shooting percentage drops to 9.1% for December onwards if we subtract just the 2 EN goals against Ottawa (and the 2 shots they were on).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Right but on the other hand do we want to be near the middle (or even 8th) if we are trying for the Cup and need to compete with the likes of Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, and Toronto?

If we get the PP fixed the shooting % would go through the roof. To be 8th in shooting % with a PP this bad is pretty remarkable actually.

If we don't get the PP fixed we're toast anyways.

Shooting percentage is also a little bit dependent on team strategy. Compare a possession team like Boston to a counterattack team like Pittsburgh.

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
On your own link but chose "Hits Blks, Tkvs GVS" , not "Team summary".

What a website. :ha:

The NHL paid how many millions for this? At least it loaded tonight.

I manually went through the nhl.com games from December on and tallied total goals divided by total shots and came out to 9.46% (9.5%).

Next time you can shortcut that on nhl.com's statistics page. Click on the teams tab, and then "game by game" and check "sum results".

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If we get the PP fixed the shooting % would go through the roof. To be 8th in shooting % with a PP this bad is pretty remarkable actually.

If we don't get the PP fixed we're toast anyways.

Shooting percentage is also a little bit dependent on team strategy. Compare a possession team like Boston to a counterattack team like Pittsburgh.
Right but honestly this team as constructed is a one line team.

Before tonight they were getting next to nothing out of their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines.

Right now the top line is 1, 2, 3 in scoring with Jones and Werenski 4 and 5. Then there is a big drop off.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
question friends,

if you could choose any team in the entire league to face in a playoff series, solely on entertainment level, who would it be and why?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Right but honestly this team as constructed is a one line team.

Before tonight they were getting next to nothing out of their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines.

Right now the top line is 1, 2, 3 in scoring with Jones and Werenski 4 and 5. Then there is a big drop off.

I think "next to nothing" is a little strong. We're one 2C away from having one of the most complete rosters in the league. Between Anderson, Foligno, Jenner, Bjorkstrand and Duclair our middle-six winger options are enviable in my opinion.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think "next to nothing" is a little strong. We're one 2C away from having one of the most complete rosters in the league. Between Anderson, Foligno, Jenner, Bjorkstrand and Duclair our middle-six winger options are enviable in my opinion.
Enviable by whom? Certainly not any of the teams the Jackets are likely to face in the playoffs.

I'm going off the quotes from Tortorella after last night's game where he himself said that the roster outside of the top line and top pairing have been non-existent. And he is right. This team badly needs for a line that is better than Foligno-Wennberg-Anderson to slot between them and the top line. Those guys make up a great 3rd line but are way too inconsistent to be relied upon as the 2nd line.

Jenner and Duclair meanwhile belong on the 4th line. Dubinsky and Nash need to be in the press box.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Nah. Not to throw cold water on a good moment, but you were right. Apprpriate here is variant of the old saying....one good moment does not a hero make.

What about 2 moments??

The "3rd assist" in OT was just as important as ANY play in the entire game.

It LED DIRECTLY to 2 points. The same as it did a couple weeks ago.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
start a goaltender that has a 3.34 GAA, .888 save percentage against a team that hasn’t lost a regulation game in the last 16?

sure.

last time Korpi faced Tampa he gave up 5 goals.. 4 at even strength.

WATCH THE GAMES DUDE

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Watching the replay from a different angle, that was pitiful Defense by Barkov on Jones game winner

He was too busy bitching to the referee/linesman about Dubinsky beating him off the faceoff.

Wonder if there will be another 'main page' thread.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Also that really doesn't seem to be true that they are above average in shooting percentage. How many games have they made pedestrian goalies look great by putting up 30+ shots and only registering 2 or so goals?

Depends, are we going by naysayer perception OR reality??

And to add....."or so"...??

The "DECIMALS" have gone to your brain.

Is 3 goals, to you, "2 or so goals"...??

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Enviable by whom? Certainly not any of the teams the Jackets are likely to face in the playoffs.

I'm going off the quotes from Tortorella after last night's game where he himself said that the roster outside of the top line and top pairing have been non-existent. And he is right. This team badly needs for a line that is better than Foligno-Wennberg-Anderson to slot between them and the top line. Those guys make up a great 3rd line but are way too inconsistent to be relied upon as the 2nd line.

Jenner and Duclair meanwhile belong on the 4th line. Dubinsky and Nash need to be in the press box.

I sincerely hope you sincerely enjoy rooting for whatever team Bobby plays for next year. For the both (all 3) of us, lets hope and pray something can be done by the deadline, eh.

Lets see the list BOB.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@thebus88

I absolutely love how you “come out of hiding” after the game ends, you surely have a lot of things to say/people to bash after each game, but yet you’re invincible during the game.

why does literally every single one of your posts have to be about attacking people’s comments/opinions? I literally haven’t saw anything nice come out of you since the day you joined HF (over a year ago).

after every win, you bring down the mood of our board.
after every loss, you bring down the mood of our board even more.

@CBJWennberg10 and I have been trying to get this point across for a long, long time now. It’s exhausting DUDE.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Enviable by whom?

Jenner and Duclair meanwhile belong on the 4th line.

You've got to look around the league a little bit more. On what basis is Boone Jenner a 4th liner? He's got a 1.65 P/60, which is in the top half of the league's forwards. Duclair is right behind him.

Jenner has 15 points at evens, which is 117th among forwards. He's 19th in primary assists, tied with Mackinnon, Malkin, and Seguin.

By the offensive stats alone, moving Jenner to the 4th line would make every team worse except maybe Tampa.
I haven't said a word about his grit/intangibles/defensive strength.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
WATCH THE GAMES DUDE
WATCH THE GAMES SOBER, DUDE!

17/18-18/19.

NHL.com - Stats

GAA
Korp 3.33 (51/56) 32 games min.
Bob 2.54 (13/56)

Save%
Korp .894 (54/56)
Bob .917 (15/56).

Korpisalo is a very lucky guy not to be in the AHL right now.

***Oh, and look who leads both categories***

A goalie put on waivers by a certain GM-not the one whose team is in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Minimum 30 games played over one and a half seasons - 123 games. Cherrypicking again?

Nonsense like this is why there's too many folks out there who just ignore stats entirely.

It was based on a minimum in which a comparison could be made for Korpisalo. Is that too rough for you to grasp?:laugh::nod: What comparison would you use? Don't answer. I don't care:laugh::naughty::):DD:eek:

Your obsession with negative commentary on my posts has passed the pitiful stage:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Panthers can’t beat Bobrovsky — so they may go get him

SUNRISE, Fla. — The future starting goalie of the Panthers may have been on full display at BB&T Center Saturday night.
No, not James Reimer.
It appears likely the Panthers will go shopping for a new starting goalie either at the trade deadline or in the summer.
The No. 1 target?
Sergei Bobrovsky, the two-time Vezina Trophy winner with the Blue Jackets who is expected to be a free agent in July.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad